News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My Triumph Tiger

Started by Brian R, March 01, 2021, 09:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian R

I bought this 2005 955i Tiger about 1 year ago, rode it to work 5 miles away and home again. Parked it in the garage and then lockdown happened. In the early Summer I decided to move it out of the garage and both the tyres were flat. On inspection I found the powder coating on the wheels was all peeling off and the tyres were leaking on the rims. I decided to strip down the wheels and have them re powder coated. The swinging arm was just as bad, so removed that as well. Sent them all off to be powder coated silver. Replaced all the bearings on the wheels and swinging arm once returned. The tank was silver and the rest of the parts blue. All the paint was shocking and big bubbles on the tank, I decided to strip all the panels and have them painted Cadbury purple pearl paint. Sprayed the frame and forks ,plus handle bars and callipers. This was a bad bike.not been loved by the previous owners.
When I put it all back together I found there was no power to anything but the lights etc. I found the loom had been bodged and the fuse board was burned out on the 30 amp fuse, which had been replaced with some spliced in cable and an in-line fuse holder. Thinking this might be the problem I located a replacement loom, then the rectifier and battery finally the ECU. Still no power grrrr.

Sin_Tiger

You've certainly put the effort in and it shows. Now lets see if we can get you moving. I'm going to move your original post into the Girly Electrics section where Bixxer will no doubt help you through identifying the issue.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Brian R

Thanks mate, I will set up a donation on the pay pal👍

Timbox2

Well done mate on all youve done, check the ignition switch wiring, from memory I think the green wire can become unsoldered and detached which results in zero power. Bit of a pig to get out as they use the security bolts that the heads break off when fitted, good luck
2016 Tiger Sport

Brian R

Cheers mate I will try that👍

Brian R

Ignition switch all ok, still no power!

Sin_Tiger

Might be time to start doing line checks one by one, sounds like you've got a break somewhere. If you don't have an injection probe, you'll have to do it with live battery. If you can print the wiring diagram over 3 x A4 pages it'll make it easier to mark off checked lines.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Brian R

I can bell them out one by one with the meter, I will try that next👍