News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

IACV lines order

Started by the slow heart, April 19, 2021, 12:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the slow heart

Hi guys,

I hope all of you are doing well and even better in this forthcoming spring-to-ride time,
so you might help me solve my problem with the fuel vapor valve on my 885i ( standard, not California model ).

Some time ago I disconnected the lines coming the injector bodies to the valve,
without noticing that there are four, not three, such connectors.
Now I am not sure which one of them is not connected.

I suppose it is the rightmost one ( saw a picture in the service manual, fuel chapter )?
Shall it stay unplugged, or shall I blind plug it?
Probably the order is as expected, from left to right ( no crossing ) or does order matter at all?

After all, I am not sure how this system operates and shall be tested,
so if someone knows more detail, I would be much grateful.

Take care,
K.

the slow heart

Hi again,

I did some more research/ reading, my bad and  apologies for the confusion :cp
it is actually the idle air control valve -

so far came to conclusion that pipe order does not matter,
one valve inlet shall be plugged ( same valve used on 4 cyl triumph engines ).

Still looking for the proper testing procedure ( apart from the expected automatic cold choke effect ).

p.p. if possible, may the topic head be amended by moderator, not to mislead further readers?

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...