News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tyres on Today

Started by HockleyBoy, April 27, 2021, 11:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

Put a new set of Pilot Road 5's on the Sport today. Took her out for a quick 50 mile spin and they feel good (on a slowish ride while I get them run in) especially compared to the Road Angles I took off. Road Angels never felt as sure footed as Michelins and after repeated punctures, three on the rear in less than 500 miles I decided to change the pair.

Will let you know how they go once run in and once we have had a bit of rain to give them a proper test.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Nick Calne

Very interested in this tyre.  Keep us posted.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HockleyBoy

500 or so miles on the tyres now (wet and dry). Really like them, they grip really well and turn progressively so am happy with them and depending on wear would definitely buy again. On the wear front, after 500 miles they still look like new.

To me much more confidence inspiring than the Road Angels they replaced but that could just me me!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Sin_Tiger

Good feedback  :thumbsup :icon_salut:

Indeed, whatever makes you happy, just don't tell the other half or she'll find a Facebook post saying it's bad for you  :blah
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?