News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone else like a single malt?

Started by Nick Calne, April 27, 2021, 10:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

A few years ago a certain, and dare I say it, notorious Scotsman of this very parish once gave me a couple of minatures.  A generous gift indeed as all were very good, but one of which was absolutely amazing; sadly that's also where the trouble really started.  That one minatures was so delicious that it triggered something and like a fool, I lost the label before I could buy a bigger bottle.  Now I am doomed to all eternity to taste every whisky in the world until I can find that one again.

It's a hard luck story, I know.  Does anyone else share my plight?

=AZXUd1G_0H7nqhAH5iscaNWEFFcyMtHS2n_UtfwCukrTUt8AlxhgArdy_43n6R3dVoARXhXaR4q54NZ7FQgY95G5X6HXX0zzfRwykqOqc1FjTIdaBWUAESPhLNtkMj9UN-4&__tn__=EH-R]http://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10157474099781862&set=a.405128811861&__cft__[0]=AZXUd1G_0H7nqhAH5iscaNWEFFcyMtHS2n_UtfwCukrTUt8AlxhgArdy_43n6R3dVoARXhXaR4q54NZ7FQgY95G5X6HXX0zzfRwykqOqc1FjTIdaBWUAESPhLNtkMj9UN-4&__tn__=EH-R
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Lee337

I have the odd bottle lying around.

Every year we have a family BBQ at the beginning of August - my Step Dad's and Brothers birthday is within a few days of each other, so we all pile round for an evening of drinking & eating. My Step Dad, Brother, Uncle & I all like a nice single malt, much to my step dad's annoyance, as it's usually his we demolish each year.

This year I have a nice 16 year old Tomintoul, graciously provided by a member on here for helping him out (not deserved, but gratefully accepted), which I'll share with the family.

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Tiger-G

Haven't drunk a drop of alcohol in 30 years.

Can't think of any positives in drinking alcohol, let's look at it's effects:

1 - Can't drive, therefore can't take yourself or someone else to hospital, etc, should an incident occur.
2 - Can't think straight, can't operate as a normal person.
3 - Can't defend yourself, makes you vulnerable to attack.
4 - Can't sleep, the room spins round when lying down.
5 - Can't operate machinery, can't work properly.
6 - People spend an absolute fortune going out drinking, have to have the latest clothes to do that (again, costs a fortune), stand outside nightclubs / pubs in the rain for hours wearing minimal clothes thinking they're having "fun", when in reality, if they weren't doing it drunk, they'd be thinking"what the f*ck am I doing here" !!
7 - People use alcohol to mask the issues they are really having instead of seeking the help they really need.
8 - People think that when they drink alcohol they're having "great fun", when in reality they're having a shit time.

I could go on and on and on.........

I stick to heroin, crystal meth and cocaine......You know exactly where you are with those   ;)
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Geoff W

I am doing a trip to Islay with my daughter in September, to look around two distilleries. The taxi drivers of Islay do a good trade I am told. :occasion14
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Nick Calne

That'll be a cool trip.  Are you coming to the Isle of Man too?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Geoff W on April 29, 2021, 11:51:50 AM
The taxi drivers of Islay do a good trade I am told. :occasion14

They get commission from the distilleries  :mut  You certainly have plenty of options on Islay, a wee trip over to Jura is worth it if you can. Generally buying any in the distillery shops is a fair bit more expensive than buying in the whiskey shop in Bowmore town. Port Charlotte is a must but you might have to book a tour way ahead, the seafood kitchen is good if you can get in. Bunnahabhain is a bit out of the way and has limited opening times, I missed that one but it's supposed to be special. You can only get a carry out curry on a Wed night from the wee shop near Kilmeny if I remember correctly.

Pity you're not going on the Steamer, the A83 from Tarbert to Campbeltown is one of my favourite bike roads and the ferry from Campbeltown to Ardrossan isn't running due to technical issues currently. If you're going over the Rest & Be Thankful A83 (yes it really is known as that and another brilliant bike road) check for the road restrictions and leave extra time, the road has been closed a few times this winter with landslides (Again  :icon_rolleyes:).

Below - The Guardians of Port Askaig

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Geoff W

Ardbeg have said that they will be open, not heard from Laphroaig yet, they are still sending out auto-replies to messages. Not sure that my health will cope with more than two distilleries in one trip. Yes I got trapped on the Rest and be Thankful last year , when they closed the A82 for an accident and sent ALL the traffic on the already crumbling Military Road as the R& Thankful was swamped with a landslide.
I will be spending a lot of time in Scotland this year, doing the Five Sisters of Kintail soon, and I have just bought a Moto Morini 350 from a bloke in Perth. Just need the weather to improve.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

Those V twins are lovely, always coveted one from when they came out. That much time in Scotland is bound to take a toll on your health  :mut