News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Speedometer needle

Started by oakey134, May 10, 2021, 09:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakey134

Anyone have ever have your speedo needle sit in the odometer area after a battery change. Now it sits below the little post and can't get past it. Is there some sort of reset to do I have to buy another one? Pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.

Lee337

A new one on me. I know that the speedo needle can be affected by the speedo drive but I'm sure that's mechanical & usually goes haywire when the front wheel is removed. A previous bike (a Honda) used to do odd things when the reg/rec failed, but I've not come across the issue you have.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly who kniows a bit more about these bikes than I do.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

oakey134

Tks, new one on me as well. I was told a spike in power during a battery change can cause it and I just changed the battery.