News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Now to put it all back together

Started by Madruss, June 06, 2021, 04:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madruss

I'll need to have a look in the parts box for the rubber stoppers
Can't remember ever seeing them in the strip down either. The shrouds were never in position for the previous 2 owners to me  :icon_confused:
I'd reckon the only reason they weren't turfed away as they had Triumph on them  ;) 
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Sin_Tiger

Crutch end stop rubbers, chair / table leg protectors, bit's of rubber hose or if you know anyone with a 3D printer, print them with flexible filament  :bad

Really should be there to stop the metal ends rubbing against the tank nylon, especially with the temps you guys get  :XXsunsmile
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Madruss

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 22, 2022, 01:17:56 PMCrutch end stop rubbers, chair / table leg protectors, bit's of rubber hose or if you know anyone with a 3D printer, print them with flexible filament  :bad

Really should be there to stop the metal ends rubbing against the tank nylon, especially with the temps you guys get  :XXsunsmile
That was along my line of thinking. :thumbsup
I'm pretty sure they weren't in place when I stripped it down, especially being owner # 5  :icon_redface
:
Regards Russ

Madruss

Found a length of radiator hose which is a good tight fit over mounts, hope it isn't too thick.
Left my phone/camera out in the machine at work so not photo today.
Regards Russ

Madruss

Well, I found one, so an old piece of heater hose is similar in size !
Regards Russ

Lee337

Looks like that'd do the job nicely.  :><
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Madruss

Well lucky me found the other plug on the back of the bench.
Now the JB "marine weld" has set & sealed the tank leak, I can continue the reassembly  :thumbsup
Regards Russ

Madruss

As I'm getting closer to a finished product, I now see the handlebars look bent lower on the righthand side :icon_sad: 
The bike, I was told fell over in a shipping container while in storage but I'm pretty sure that was a :Topes  story  :icon_frown:
So I'll be in search  :icon_study:  of another set of bars.
While I'm there, I'll try to track down an upholsterer, to fill the dip in the seat being a 190cm tall rider !
Regards Russ

Sin_Tiger

Good progress  :thumbsup 

If you need measurements, let me know, I have a spare straight bar, as you do  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Madruss

I took some measurements of the handlebars, several actually, to make sure it wasn't an optical illusion.
appears the righthand side is 15mm down & 15mm pushed back.
Also, I repaired the tube type bracket which holds the fairing & instrument cluster, it was broken directly below the  tachometer.
Where this bracket mounts onto the frame, should it come straight forward? It appears to be aiming to the left when sitting on the bike.  :icon_confused:
Regards Russ

Madruss

My repair to the fairing bracket.
Looks straight from the front. Second guessing repairs from over 12 months ago
Regards Russ

Lee337

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

The stay to the headstock should be dead straight ahead.

Madruss

As the bike must have fallen on the righthand side thus pushing brackets etc to the left.
I'll see how the fairing connects up to the tank & the headlight area.
Isn't a pretty beast  :icon_neutral: , with it's fair share of battle scars & me being the 5th owner
Regards Russ

Madruss

This'll be a Bob the Builder theme repair " Can he fix it"  :icon_lol: or buy another set.
Regards Russ