News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Now to put it all back together

Started by Madruss, June 06, 2021, 04:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Madruss

Took a video of the start up but can't transfer it from my phone.
The oil warning light doesn't come on before start or after stop either. :icon_confused: 
Checking wiring, maybe replace the sensor unit. Looks like a standard old Ford or Chrysler engine sensor to me
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Madruss

Hopefully the last few bits n pieces[attach id=18426]
Regards Russ

Madruss

Regards Russ

Madruss

Just finished fitting the low oil pressure warning light, ignition on engine not running, light illuminated. Engine running, light off  :icon_biggrin:
All the warning lights now fully operational, temperature gauge working. Headlight, indicators, tail lights, horn etc all good.

My little garden shed had some fumes & noise eminating from it this afternoon (much to my enjoyment)
Not too far away now, time to put miles under the wheels  :><
Regards Russ

Lee337

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

Worth checking the fan switch before you go far  ;)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Madruss

Thanks. Another thing to check  :bowdown
Been thinking of what else to check before refitting the bodywork !
Looking through the manual, I can't any reference to checking the thermo fan actuation. Been a couple of years since I've had to go deep into diagnostics  :icon_eek: 
Regards Russ

gcloys

Quote from: Madruss on August 16, 2022, 11:25:25 AMThanks. Another thing to check  :bowdown
Been thinking of what else to check before refitting the bodywork !
Looking through the manual, I can't any reference to checking the thermo fan actuation. Been a couple of years since I've had to go deep into diagnostics  :icon_eek: 
Be one with the bodywork. When I'm feeling Zen, I go undo and redo all the fasteners for time. With my eyes closed, only by feel. Now it's like a tea ritual for me. :rock-1:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: gcloys on August 16, 2022, 07:21:19 PMBe one with the bodywork. When I'm feeling Zen, I go undo and redo all the fasteners for time. With my eyes closed, only by feel. Now it's like a tea ritual for me. :rock-1:

:ImaPoser  :thumbsup

First short out the wires connected to the switch to check that the fan is working. There's no easy way to check the switch as the set point is 105 C, easiest just to let it idle until the fan cuts in and check the gauge hasn't gone past half way.

Madruss

Here's some plastic cowlings found in the top box I have no idea where they fit.
The previous owner found them in the top box when he bought it & he didn't know either
Are they necessary ?
It's hot out here in Oz, so my thinking is Unecessary
Regards Russ

Lee337

Not sure about older tigers as mine's an 06 model, but I have similar bits of plastic on my '93 Trophy. They go under the tank and over the cylinder head. I guess it's a kind of heat shield as it keeps some of the heat from the cylinder head away from the coil packs.

In the 2nd photo you can see a foam bit. This is pretty much where the plastic heat shield meets the cylinder head. The cut outs in the foam are for the plug leads, clutch and throttle cable to pass through.

I doubt it does much for keeping the heat off the unbderside of the tank as there's usually a heat shield stuck on the bottom of the tank, so I'd guess it's only function id to stop the coul packs overheating.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Madruss

Ahh Ok. :bowdown I can understand now.
I always wondered what the tube across the frame was there to support. :><
Regards Russ

Sin_Tiger

There should be rubber ends on the tubes for the tank to sit on. Cowls fit as per Lee's photo and the same as T300's. Not sure if it makes any difference to the cooling but they will deflect hot air away from the tank, coils and rider.

I had them fitted on my Singapore Steamer, never had an issue with it getting hot.