News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A Project TOO far :bad

Started by Sin_Tiger, June 10, 2021, 12:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

This would look great in a Steamer frame, if only the drive was on the other side, yes I looked at it for that long  :icon_redface:

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Lee337

Is that a Steamroller you're talking about?
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

£1500!  Surely there is a way of doing it?  Just put the back wheel in the other way around?  :rfl
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on June 10, 2021, 01:28:57 PM
back wheel in the other way around?  :rfl

It had crossed my mind, are you surprised  :nono

London_Phil

Remember the guy who was putting a home made FI on his Steamer....Or the Diesel version???

Sin_Tiger

I remember those.

The EFI version was Greece if I remember correctly and he made a pretty decent job of it considering what he was working with in those days.

The turbo diesel version in Germany was a nice job too, used as Smart engine and he did dome others, even one with CVT.

There's so much in the way of affordable components and ECU's now  :augie

ghulst

Especially the ECU's and the way to use different sensors to control it. You can now mix and match a lot easier than you would have been able to 5 years ago.

So, when you flip the back wheel, how about the alignment of the swingarm? Or can you flip the engine around and reverse the running? ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ghulst on June 11, 2021, 08:31:30 AM
So, when you flip the back wheel, how about the alignment of the swingarm? Or can you flip the engine around and reverse the running? ;)

I looked down that rabbit hole and thought Noooooo  :icon_eek:

Yes, the array of offerings with variations of connectivity has really taken off, Megasquirt has come a long way since I started looking at it 15 years ago, then there's Speeduino, Emerald, MaxxECU and at least dozen others  :icon_eek: oooopps my underwear is showing  :augie

ghulst

Hahaha, while secretly drawing modified swing arms at work during phone calls... :D
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011