News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ABR Festival

Started by Nick Calne, June 22, 2021, 02:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

London_Phil

Was there a lot of "Serious" ADV Riders there?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on July 04, 2021, 05:34:17 PM
1970's northern working mans' club rather than at the festival.

Nowt wrong wi a bit O Northern Soul   :eusa_dance

I hope they managed to at least break even, after all, if they don't survive our future biking events are going to be rarer and possibly overcrowded, I wonder if smaller local events will benefit or if meeting all the HSE criteria will just be too much  :icon_scratch: I know we struggled with our annual show even before this all kicked off.

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

I think they will do more than break even.
8000 people, roughly £100 a ticket.  Loads spent inside.
I think it is probably a bit of a money spinner.

Phil, the vibe was very relaxed and helpful. People were mixing well and happy. Wide a wide variety of bikes too. You would be surprised what constitutes adventure too.

Ivor and I saw some guy ride in on a hayabusa!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on July 05, 2021, 08:34:33 AM
8000 people, roughly £100 a ticket.

:icon_eek: I feel less guilty, for that I would have been hoping for at least a guest Ed Shearan appearance or even Coldplay :icon_lol:

The 'Busa is less left field than you might think, granted more of a hyper sports tourer. I knew quite a few guys out east that would happily strap bags to the back of them and head off for a week or two around Malaysia and Thailand. Having ridden a friend's for a decent varied distance, I can sort of see it, they are more comfortable than they look, a bit of a handful in heavy traffic and not for venturing further off piste than a campsite.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

What's that? Spend an extra £100 not to have cold play or Ed Sheeran?

Seems very reasonable.

Lee337

Bit of a bargain, £100 for the two of them not to play  :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Nick Calne

A fight between Ed Sheeran and Chris Martin would be entertaining though.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on July 23, 2021, 07:58:06 PM
A fight between Ed Sheeran and Chris Martin would be entertaining though.

Until Morrisey steps in to try to break it up  :icon_lol:

Geoff W

Quote from: Nick Calne on July 05, 2021, 08:34:33 AM
I think they will do more than break even.
8000 people, roughly £100 a ticket.  Loads spent inside.
I think it is probably a bit of a money spinner.

Phil, the vibe was very relaxed and helpful. People were mixing well and happy. Wide a wide variety of bikes too. You would be surprised what constitutes adventure too.

Ivor and I saw some guy ride in on a hayabusa!
Stormin' The Castle is now sold out, no tickets on the gate either. a shame as a few of we locals were going to go there and drink too much. I suppose that I should be grateful that someone is trying to look after my health.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.