News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel gauge quit

Started by badrooster, June 26, 2021, 03:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badrooster

05 tiger fuel gauge quit working.  When I filled the tank to make sure there was enough, I found a black 1 inch long cylinder floating at the top . Time for a new sender, or repairable? :^_^

Lee337

I don't think new ones are that expensive, less than £10 I seem to rmember.

The fuel gauges are notoriously prone to failing, although mine seems ok most of the time. I believe a lot of owners just reset the trip meter each time they fill up & then fill up again at around 200 miles
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

VABird

New senders here in the States are about $100. Fast Eddy can get one to you.
I've had a couple fails, but never had one come apart like that.
I've even read that the erroneous level is more of a grounding problem, and I tend to believe that now after my 2nd replacement started acting up after a few fill-ups.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

Sin_Tiger

Champagne bottle cork? They used cork floats in cars for many years.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

badrooster

I chased down all these electrical gremlins years ago and it's all good now.  The other bikes I ride with all have less range then mine. I'll weigh the 100$ against a 2500$ bike . It has 93k and when the engine blows I'll just bury it with honor.   :icon_salut:
For now, it runs perfect and only uses 6 oz oil per 1000miles.