News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by Lee337, June 28, 2021, 12:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

The annual shop around for bike insurance. lets begin with the quote I received from my existing insurer, Hastings Direct. Fully comp on my Tiger last year was £89.00, this year £117.57. Now as by the time my insurance runs out, I'll be unemployed, add a further £27 to that. Slightly less if I call myself a 'Houseperson'

There are other changes this year though, I also want to insure my Trophy on the same policy. Carole Nash were first up. £63 for the Tiger but £214 for both bikes. co-habiting isn't one of their categories (Mrs L and I are not married), so I'm classed as single, add £12.

The Meerkats (Comparethemarket.com for our non UK members) are ok with co-habiting, but don't recognise 'Houseperson', 'Retired' or 'Unemployed' and couldn't offer multi-bike quotes anyway.

So it was back to Bennetts, who I dumped 2 years ago when their excess went up from £250 to £600.

For both bikes, as a single, retired person (again, co-habiting isn't recognised) their quote was £96.87 with £250 excess. Insuring the Tiger only was £87.19.

Guess I'll be going back to Bennetts this year.

Interestingly, or not, if I was in a civil partnership, something not open to hetro couples, I could have qualified for the 'married' discount and got the insurance down a further couple of quid.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Lee337

The time has come where I put the pennies on the table that is Bennetts insurance. I retrieved my quote & had to change just one thing. when I got my original quote I forgot to include protected NCB. I went back & ticked the relevant box, realising that this would change the quote. It did, from £96.87 to ...

£89.96 - Yep having protected NCB actually reduced my premium.   :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Chris Canning

When my insurer suggested I buy an old bike as in 1960's they would give me a substantial discount so I did and they did.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on July 01, 2021, 06:56:09 PM
When my insurer suggested I buy an old bike as in 1960's they would give me a substantial discount so I did and they did.

:wings
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint