News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Canbus electrical system on 2006?

Started by CharlieF1, July 06, 2021, 10:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieF1

I am about to attempt to upgrade my Girly's turn signals with an aftermarket LED set, from https://www.weisertechnik.com/. I met the owner guy at a rally and he's been very helpful. Although BMW is their primary market, Triumph (and others) is definitely covered.  Physically, they look to be a near-perfect fit.

But first off, the instructions ask if the bike has a canbus electrical system, or not. Installation is different between canbus or not, mostly around use of a relay as I recall.

I've done a fair amount of reading, but cannot determine if my 2006 Tiger is a canbus system or not.
Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
Charlie
My Tiger & 1985 Honda Nighthawk (project) &
1979 Honda CT-90 (for fishing!)

Lee337

I'm pretty certai they are not CANBUS, at least UK bikes aren't.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will be along soon to confirm.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

Canbus wasn't used on Triumphs until about 2012 or there about.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

CharlieF1

Thanks Max, that's a relief to know, thanks for your input !

Cheers,
Charlie
My Tiger & 1985 Honda Nighthawk (project) &
1979 Honda CT-90 (for fishing!)

badrooster

Controller area network is a smart communication system not used on the old girl.  Just power and ground and a solid state flasher relay to control flash speed is all you need.
  I prefer bulbs on my old girl. It gives her a natural glow. :XXsunsmile