News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Valve adjustment tool or complete cam removal?

Started by 2wheeladdict, July 10, 2021, 12:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2wheeladdict

I decided I should do a valve check on my 01 Girly for which I have no service records and was just curious if it's easier to adjust the shims with the dealer tool or by completely removing the cams...?

All previous bikes of mine have been bucket over shim necessitating cam removal so I am familiar with it...just trying to weigh the effort of timing/tensioning it etc against paying $100 for the tool.

Lee337

If you're confident, just remove the cams. If any shims need replacing, the tool won't let you do more than a couple before you need to move it, so if there's a few valves out, it's probably easier to do it without the tool.

I have the dealer tool but haven't used it yet, my 64k miles Tiger didn't need adjusting,

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.