News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Centrestand eek!!

Started by superfour, September 12, 2021, 12:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superfour

Hi guys, I have a small problem with my crnterstand on my 06 955. Pullled it up onto the stand , and both wheels are on the ground. Obviously something is wrong, the bike it's self is totally standard. Has anyone had this problem, any pointers ?
955 Girly in Silver the fastest colour

Lee337

Could well be tired suspension, or at some point it's been lowered.

Only thing I can think off off the top of my head.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

If you've just got the bike, do you know if the previous owner was running lowered suspension? It's possible the legs were shortened to make it easier to get the bike on the main stand.

Look for tell tale welds  :icon_scratch:

Might be worth checking the hinge bolts as well, not sure how different they are on the Girly's
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HockleyBoy

Same thing happened to mine a few years ago, think the stand had settled!, from memory I replaced some bolts and all was well. Think there is a thread on this site somewhere.

Found it

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7608.msg52576.html#msg52576
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

superfour

HockleyBoy, I think you have found the info I was looking for. I found on my bike that the pivot bolt on the left side was hanging out. So I have screwed them back in with a little loctite. Now the stand is going too far over, so this mod is spot on.
955 Girly in Silver the fastest colour

VABird

I'm a little late to the party, but if the bike had been lowered, the wheel would be higher when on the center stand, not lower.
That's why you'd have to shorten the center stand as well.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: VABird on September 29, 2021, 07:17:37 PM
I'm a little late to the party, but if the bike had been lowered, the wheel would be higher when on the center stand, not lower.
That's why you'd have to shorten the center stand as well.

Correct but I mention it because I know of one owner who did it and cut too much out  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint