News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Exhaust Upgrade: Most Popular Slip-Ons?

Started by KamikazeKunze, January 18, 2017, 08:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KamikazeKunze

Hello,

I'm loving my Tiger, but she is a quiet cat. I am looking to make her roar.

I've been cruising eBay looking for some slip-ons with removable DB killer. I'm eyeballing these as they are roughly the same length as stock and have the removal DB killer.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281958699410?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But I thought I'd better consult this crew and see if there are better options.

I'm not really looking for more performance but this is by far the quietest bike I've ever owned. I'm looking for attitude.  :wheel

On a scale of 1-10 if one is stock and 10 is an open pipe I want something around 6 to 7.  Thoughts? Other than the obvious

Thanks

Geoff W

They look good, but is the price for two?
I have Motad Venoms, as many people do, certainly a big weight saving. They have a small conical baffle on the engine end. Most people seem to think that they sound" interesting".
The only interest the local plods have shown is along the lines of, "They sound nice, where did you get them?". Worth dropping an e-mail to Motad see what they have, mine were factory seconds, and came at a very good discount, they have lasted about 10 years and are still solid.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

KamikazeKunze

Hmmmm. I guess I should ask the seller if a qty of 1 is one pair or literally one each.
Confirmed: one can and one link pipe only. :(

I'll check out the Motad's.

Thank you

Timbox2

I recently bought 1 Motad Venom for my 955, £160 odd. Nice can and sound, nice people too.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

I've had two on mine the aftermarket Triumph one and a Remus,performance their the same,I only changed because if you look at either of the Triumph silencers you can see a crease on the outside of the can made by the baffle on the inside in fact I have never seen a good one,the irony they were all made by Motad  :icon_wink:

KamikazeKunze

OK, well I'm striking out on the interwebs and eBay. Only cans seem to be for the T709 NOT the T400.....May end up going whole hog and obtaining a Daytona Header and a T709 can and having a local guy I know union the two.  :icon_sad:

Timbox2

Wasnt there someone putting together a group buy for Boss Cans a while back??
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

Yes there was.

There are very few aftermarket cans available anymore so you'll have to get your google busy to find some.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

KamikazeKunze

KamikazeKunze

Great News......Trident-Exhausts got back to me with the below info.
So if there is anyone else out there in need this is an option.

"We do make a pair of oval cans for your Tiger which are 400mm in length and come with the link pipes and fixing hardware
They are available in three finishes:
Polished stainless steel at £389 a pair
Carbon fibre at £489 a pair
Black lightweight stainless at £449 a pair

As its a slightly older bike we don't have these in stock but we can make you a pair within 3-5 days of order " :wheel :wheel

Sin_Tiger

Late post on the move  :sleepy1

You might struggle as Motad no longer make them and sold off their NOS a while ago.

If you're prepared to go to that extent, how about a pair of generic trapezoid, keep the stock down pipes and then just get a pipe fabricator to make a pair of link pipes. Could work out a lot cheaper.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Madruss

Staintune (ozi made exhaust) have reopened in Australia 2021
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!