News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger mods

Started by Beernard, September 19, 2021, 11:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beernard

Hi all,

Here is a mod I did about 2,000k ago. I had had enough of the gear shift. Sloppy at best. Look at the pics and you can see what I did. Pretty simple and works nice. Lever from who knows? and 8mm mild steel rod.

Going a bit deeper, I originally planned to set the angle, then add another piece of 8mm rod to strengthen up the show.

Then gremlins from my past appeared, as they will. I had a trail bike that bent an internal gear change component every time I fell off on the left side, which was regular. After a while, I got over the repair and cut most of the way through the lever with a hacksaw. Then it bent or broke without causing internal damage.  :icon_lol:

I then think about the Tiger lever "How strong does this have to be?" Then "I can easily bend it back into shape". Then "how hard do I actually press on the lever?"

I'm sure you get it. Works fine, easy mod. I can even easily "adjust" it when I change boots!

All the best, Bern.
Ripper, woke up again.