News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger mods

Started by Beernard, September 19, 2021, 11:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beernard

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone for the great info. I miss Mustang.

I love my Tiger. Handles Oz's shit roads and makes them fun.

However, 2 knee replacements and the downtime involved caused me to do some "rider mods". Thanks Grant Roff from Motorcycle Trader for the validation!!

Firstly, for no apparent reason, I messed with colours. Black and Blue theme as fits our penal colony. Please listen to Chain's great song "Black and Blue".

I have attached some pics. I think!

That will do for now.
Ripper, woke up again.

Beernard

Ripper, woke up again.

Beernard

Ripper, woke up again.

ssevy

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

ghulst

2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

93TigerBill-2016

Steamer looks like.
I even know where the first shot was taken!
'93 Triumph Tiger, Caspian Blue, Blue Engine Cases
132,000 km;  IBA #45911

Beernard

Thanks Everyone,

Looks like Tiger Bill has been to Gloucester!

I seem to have lost a bunch of mod photos. Maybe that's good! I think my first mod was to do with rider ergos (what a word to use!). I'm 6 feet tall. I spent way too much time sorting bars. Aim to lift them. Then slot them in to the "gap", if that is a description, in the front fairing. You all know what I mean. Just took a couple of pics. Full-lock is fine. Nothing hits. One inch bar risers and "Tag" brand bars. Model number in the pic. Had to drill the holes for the control locators. Oh, these don't have as much "sweep" as the originals, either. Basically, they are more forward and higher.

Then the pegs. Too tight to buy the beautiful Mustang lowered pegs. Should have. If you look, there is enough room to cross-drill (if that's the word) another set of locator-holes in the peg-mounts above the existing holes. Drops the pegs 12mm. Not much but a cheap-arse gain. Had them for 10,000k no problems. Oh, no rubber inserts either.

These little mods work for me. Have a look at the pics.

Regards,

That's it for now. Ride safe.
Ripper, woke up again.

Beernard

Short term memory over-rule!

First thing was a SW Motech centre-stand. Hands-down best thing ever!! No more to say. Just get one.
Ripper, woke up again.

93TigerBill-2016

"....Looks like Tiger Bill has been to Gloucester!"
And I know how to pronounce your Location - used to live in Wauchope.

Luckily I have the Mustang pegs, they're nice. Will look at your 'peg mod also.
Have made a number of mods to the Triumph centre-stand - it works, but not easy to lift.
132,000 km;  IBA #45911

Beernard

On to me, Bill!

Yes I agree the SW Motech centrestand is difficult. A bitch, really. Before my other suspension mods, it was already a lift too high! Now it is a mission.

My little footpeg mod only gives 12mm. But its free!

Hope all is well for you.
Ripper, woke up again.

93TigerBill-2016

If you - or any other early 90's 885 cc owner in Oz - need to adjust the valve shims, I've been known to lend my 'Mustang' Valve Shim tool.
Beats removing the cams.

Just let me know, and we'll arrange post or delivery/pickup.
132,000 km;  IBA #45911

Beernard

Very kind offer, Bill. Unfortunately, I've only recently done mine!!
Ripper, woke up again.

Madruss

With the centre stand, do they supply the bolt on "stoppers" for the frame? Any enquiries I've made, they haven't given me any positive or negative answer  :icon_confused:
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Madruss on October 11, 2021, 11:00:19 PM
With the centre stand, do they supply the bolt on "stoppers" for the frame? Any enquiries I've made, they haven't given me any positive or negative answer  :icon_confused:

Are you talking about the genuine one or the SW Motech?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Beernard

Hmmm. Trolling the catacombs of memory is challenging at best! I'll have a look. I think I know where you are going but I will check. Mine is SW Motech.
Ripper, woke up again.