News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Have I gone mad?

Started by ghulst, May 26, 2021, 11:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

Parked the Tiger at my in-laws today to have room to park the 'new' bike next week. A friend who's going to take his test for his license in two weeks is going to buy it.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

And there it is. My new to me 2010 BMW R1200GS with ESA, ABS, Hyperpro suspension etcetera.
Yes, it is a year older than my Tiger, it has exactly the same mileage, but it does have more power and grunt.

(And I can now make this a company bike.)

I'm happy with it.

For now... ;)

Sin_Tiger

If it works (no pun intended) for you  :thumbsup

I tried but I just never felt comfortable with them.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Lee337

At long last  :icon_mrgreen: A good choice there Ghulst

I'm gonna look at a RE Himalaya in the next few weeks.

Not really looking to get rid of my Tiger but there's a RE dealer not far from me & I fancy taking a look at one in the flesh.

Who knows?   :m
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

Thanks Nick!

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on September 11, 2021, 05:09:58 PM
I tried but I just never felt comfortable with them.
They honestly are an acquired taste. However, I have always found them to be well balanced and really relaxed to ride. I know that at times I will miss the more aggressive profile of the three cilinder of the Tiger at times. However, this has 20hp more on less than 20kg more. Also, the modified ESA suspension does make it handle better. I have always liked the GS's ever since Ewan and Charlie. (Sorry, I am one of those LWR, LWD fans...) In fact, it was their trip that got me to finally get my license. I longed after a 1200 for a long time, until I got the Tiger. But I could not pass on this opportunity as I am effectively paying less for this GS than I sold the Tiger for. (Thanks to the taxman.) And GS's are know here to keep their value quite well. So, that makes it a better investment until I get my next company bike somewhere in the future. ;)

Quote from: Lee337 on September 12, 2021, 12:19:57 PM
At long last  :icon_mrgreen: A good choice there Ghulst

I'm gonna look at a RE Himalaya in the next few weeks.

Not really looking to get rid of my Tiger but there's a RE dealer not far from me & I fancy taking a look at one in the flesh.

Who knows?   :m
Thanks! I love the look of the RE Himalayan, but you really have to not be in a hurry and not be on motorways... I looked at one when I was on holiday. Granted, you can get a new one for less than I paid for this GS. That does put it in perspective.
Really looking forward to hearing how you liked it.