News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Can you help TigerTriple?

Started by ghulst, October 07, 2021, 11:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

Ok, so since we reinstated TigerTriple.com as a forum, a lot has happened at Triumph. So, I would love the forum to reflect that. The new 900's are here, there is a new 660 coming and a new 1200 will probably be launched somewhere in the coming month or two. However, I would love the forum to look the part as well.

Which means that I am looking for someone to support me on the graphics side. Are you able to do web design, or can you convince someone to help us refresh the template? Please let me know!
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Lee337

It's many years since I've done any web design or any form of graphics, so I'm probablly not your man.

However, I'm happy to help in any way I can.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Bixxer Bob

Same as Lee, but worse because my memory is not great  :icon_cry:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on October 08, 2021, 04:38:04 AM
Same as Lee, but worse because my memory is not great  :icon_cry:

What was the question  :icon_scratch:

You're not alone, just in case you forget  :icon_lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

Have Forwarded the request to my Cost centres ( children, also known as Thing 1 and Thing 2)
Both have contacts in these fields, so will see if anything comes back from the ingrates....

ghulst

Thanks Phil!

In the meantime steps have been taken to finally get the security of the site. So now the site is fully on https thanks to the talents of An-Tonio. And some steps were taken to make sure fewer emails end up in spam.

Also, I have decided that we are not hitting Google as enthusiastically as we could. Mainly because our biggest wealth of knowledge on steamers and girlies was not indexed for search engines and guests had to subscribe before they could see it. So, it was time to lift the veil so people can actually see it.

Next stop will be a new look and feel to freshen up the site. :)

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

I can help but haven't that much spare time. What you exactly got in mind?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ghulst

I have bought a theme that I think would be nice to refresh the forum. Just a bit more modern and with a larger hero area for some nice pictures of bikes. ;) The 'only' thing that needs to be done, is to swap around some colors and make it look good and recognizable. Then we can switch the themes around. :)
(And hopefully push some new bike modes as well, so we can promote the forum with newer Triumph owners as well.)

GavD

I have no idea what he's talking about :icon_scratch:

Anyone know what any of this means? :^_^
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

GavD

Seriously Arne,

happy to still support the running of the site (financially), but if you need a computer breaking, I'm your man :icon_salut:

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

ghulst

No worries GavD. Love to have you support the site and I am just trying to see whether there are people on here who can help me with tech stuff as well. ;)

Nick Calne

Quote from: ghulst on October 09, 2021, 08:09:07 PM
I have bought a theme that I think would be nice to refresh the forum. Just a bit more modern and with a larger hero area for some nice pictures of bikes. ;) The 'only' thing that needs to be done, is to swap around some colors and make it look good and recognizable. Then we can switch the themes around. :)
(And hopefully push some new bike modes as well, so we can promote the forum with newer Triumph owners as well.)

OK cool. Sounds easy enough. Send me some details when you are ready and I'll get on photo shop.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ghulst

Great Nick. I'll send you a message later.