News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The new Tiger 660 Sport

Started by ghulst, October 10, 2021, 09:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC3

Hi guys just joined the site. Have a blue Tiger 660 on order and will be my first Triumph. Have been searching for something to use on sole touring trips and longer day trips and the Tiger 660 hits the sweet spot for me. Ordered with the panniers, panniers bags, pannier case infil, usb, heated grips, hand guards, connectivity modulequick shifter, led lights and the colour coded belly pan. my budget was 10k and with discount on the parts and the free fitting it just goes over that so pretty happy :),

Sin_Tiger

Looking forward to hearing how you find it, certainly looks good on paper, you might well be the test pilot that influences thinking / a few potential owners.

It's a lot of bike for the money in modern context  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

TC3

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on October 17, 2021, 11:39:52 AM
Looking forward to hearing how you find it, certainly looks good on paper, you might well be the test pilot that influences thinking / a few potential owners.

It's a lot of bike for the money in modern context  :thumbsup

I already got someone in another forum for Honda bikes interested and they got a deposit on! May need to set up some sort of comission with Triumph .... ;)

So I have a ferry booked to Northern Spain in June and will put it through it's paces then but have a good feeling about the bike and expecting it to perform how I need.

Sin_Tiger

So we can look forward to a new bike review and a ride report  :wings
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

TC3

Lee337

Went to take a look at one yesterday at my local Triumph dealer but they didn't have one in the showroom. It's possible that their demonstrator was out, should have asked really but the only salesperson on sirte didn't appear too interested in customers.

Maybe next time I'll have to ask.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

Quote from: TC3 on October 17, 2021, 11:27:20 AM
Have a blue Tiger 660 on order and will be my first Triumph.

Congratulations! I feel the 660 is a great entry into the world of Triumph's and Tigers. It looks to be a fun bike. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Any idea on when you are going to get it delivered yet?
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

TC3

Quote from: ghulst on October 17, 2021, 12:15:34 PM
Congratulations! I feel the 660 is a great entry into the world of Triumph's and Tigers. It looks to be a fun bike. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Any idea on when you are going to get it delivered yet?

Cheers...unlikely dealers will see them before January as test bikes. Mine was first to be ordered by dealer and expected February ... long wait!

TC3

Quote from: Lee337 on October 17, 2021, 12:09:08 PM
Went to take a look at one yesterday at my local Triumph dealer but they didn't have one in the showroom. It's possible that their demonstrator was out, should have asked really but the only salesperson on sirte didn't appear too interested in customers.

Maybe next time I'll have to ask.

They wont be at dealers till next year I been told but will be at the Nec bike show

TC3

So got my accessories order in and was able to get the usual 10% discount on them with free fitting. I actually had an order in with another dealer a month ago who promised a deal once accessories were priced on website but they then turned round and refused any discount and wanted over 300 quid to fit. Told them where to go and found a dealer more to my liking!

I could not find a photo without top box and with panniers so I photo shopped the top box out which is not in my order. Really liking the look of this bike!!

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

So has anyone one heard one ? Being interesting to see if the firing order has been tinkered with.

TC3

Quote from: Chris Canning on October 19, 2021, 06:54:46 PM
So has anyone one heard one ? Being interesting to see if the firing order has been tinkered with.
Should be same as Trident being exact same exhaust and engine with a slight change in tuning I believe better suited for touring...loads of You Tube clips

ghulst

Quote from: TC3 on October 19, 2021, 05:21:34 PM
I could not find a photo without top box and with panniers so I photo shopped the top box out which is not in my order. Really liking the look of this bike!!

That bike looks sweet! Did you order it in blue as well?
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011