News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The new Tiger 660 Sport

Started by ghulst, October 10, 2021, 09:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

Yes, not bad at all. In fact, as it is all black and tucked away, I would probably just leave it on.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ghulst on October 29, 2021, 04:15:13 PM
Yes, not bad at all. In fact, as it is all black and tucked away, I would probably just leave it on.

:iagree

Tidy looking mounting system  :thumbsup

Plus they will also function as pillion heel protection to prevent catching the swing arm / chain guard.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

Chris Canning

Happily hold my hands up and confess that i'd Not taken any notice of the 660...but looks really usefull, one of the first things I did with my 955 was put a 17" front wheel in or be it a Dymag with similar in the back all part of why I still have it to this day.

ghulst

I think TC3 probably had the same idea. :)

Quote from: TC3 on October 17, 2021, 11:27:20 AM
Hi guys just joined the site. Have a blue Tiger 660 on order and will be my first Triumph. Have been searching for something to use on sole touring trips and longer day trips and the Tiger 660 hits the sweet spot for me. Ordered with the panniers, panniers bags, pannier case infil, usb, heated grips, hand guards, connectivity modulequick shifter, led lights and the colour coded belly pan. my budget was 10k and with discount on the parts and the free fitting it just goes over that so pretty happy :),
So, when are you going to get yours in?

TC3

Quote from: ghulst on December 14, 2021, 04:58:23 PM
I think TC3 probably had the same idea. :)
So, when are you going to get yours in?
Mine should be at dealers in 6 weeks. If the salt is going down heavy on roads will delay pick up for a bit. All reviews seem pretty positive and thats good to know but nothing beats a test ride before parting with hard earned cash

Sin_Tiger

The wait is killing us, can't imagine what it's like for you  :icon_eek:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

TC3

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on December 16, 2021, 11:49:58 PM
The wait is killing us, can't imagine what it's like for you  :icon_eek:
I am pretty chilled and in no rush to be honest. Too much going on in life right now so not had much time to spend day dreaming about the new bike but thats ok as at least I got my order on early ... ok the first in the dealership...

ghulst

Countdown then. :)

But I completely understand what you are saying. It has been so busy here, that I have not touched the KTM since I pulled the IMO and I cannot be bothered at the moment either. There is too much going on to think about it. It will come. ;)

Quote from: TC3 on December 16, 2021, 12:25:34 PM
All reviews seem pretty positive and thats good to know but nothing beats a test ride before parting with hard earned cash
So, you have ordered it without a test ride, but can you then still bail out when it does not feel as good as you had hoped, once it has arrived?

TC3

Yes ordered months ago with £500 deposit fully refunded if I dont like the test ride on the demo bike. They wont have no problem selling it in unlikely event I changed my mind. I was first to order before it was even on the UK dealer ordering system

Bixxer Bob

No discount, and fitting charges? Sounds like the Triumph stealer near me ...

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ghulst

I think that is what is happening in the current market, especially for a new model that is attracting a lot of attention. ;)

TC3

Quote from: ghulst on March 19, 2022, 07:45:36 AM
I think that is what is happening in the current market, especially for a new model that is attracting a lot of attention. ;)
10% on accessories and free fitting was the best I  could find