News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Spain in June 2022.

Started by TC3, October 19, 2021, 01:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC3

Just wondering who else has a trip planned out to Spain next year? I will be doing my first solo trip outside the UK in June as I was out in the Picos de Europa in 2019 and loved it. This time also having a ride through the Spanish Pyrenees just so I can tick it off the list. I will not be doing any off road just gravel roads at most as the Tiger 660 is not meant for anything more than that as you know. Gonna be a good year I feel next year with the new bike and this trip. This is the route I have plotted after doing a lot of research. Only have 9 days so ferry to Bilabo and back from Santander.

Nick Calne

That looks epic.  Been pondering something like this for a long time.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

TC3

Quote from: Nick Calne on October 19, 2021, 01:52:23 PM
That looks epic.  Been pondering something like this for a long time.
The ferry is stupid money these days and almost double what it was couple years ago. Not getting any younger so plan something...

Nick Calne

Yeah tried for a couple of years back but the ferry was crazy money. It'll happen.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

TC3

Quote from: Nick Calne on October 19, 2021, 05:36:42 PM
Yeah tried for a couple of years back but the ferry was crazy money. It'll happen.

ghulst

I don't have the trouble with the price of the ferry, but with current fuel prices and French toll roads, the ferry might actually be cheaper. ;)

It does look like a very nice trip.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

TC3

I actually like the ferry journey and getting to destination nice and fresh. I spent a lot of time on deck last time with camera in hand awaiting for a whale to surface. It was actually raining quite a bit so I assumed the reason I did not see even one whale is that they do not like to get wet  :icon_biggrin: