News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

MCL 2021 Anyone?

Started by mat-tiger1, December 05, 2021, 09:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

Quote from: London_Phil on December 19, 2021, 10:28:28 PM
https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/inside-triumph/project-triumph-te-1/phase-2
It looks interesting, but where is the Tiger? ;)

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 19, 2021, 10:25:00 PM
Logic says they are all going to have to produce one, start of this coved lark...and me being the pessimist....said to my other I can see this being long haul, and we swapped our two normal mountain bikes for the latest all singing all dancing electric option and it's been an eye opener so god knows what is to come in the motorcycle line.
I have ridden both Zero DS/R and SR/F and Energica Essesss 9 and I have to say that I love the electric option. Probably not on a long-range travel bike, but great for commuting and having some hooligan fun on. For now, the trouble will be for the longer rides. I would like a bike that could do the round trip to Rotterdam on a single charge, as I do travel there and back for business without enough time to recharge or time to find a charging station. And that is a hassle. Both these bikes are great, but not if you live close to a motorway, then do 75 for an hour and 75 for an hour back. They are not built for it (yet). But I am sure they will be in the near future. Then, the only thing we'll need gas bikes for are those 600+km iron buts that people "like" to do or trips into the desert somewhere that people really only dream of...

Quote from: Nick Calne on December 19, 2021, 11:48:13 PM
I enjoyed the show. It was fun. My takeaways were...

The norden is just a ktm in a frock.
The tiger 1200 is really good.
Mosko moto bags don't fit an Africa twin.
Someone with an adv specific clothing stand could do very well.
I would like a 300.

- I get it, though I would have hoped they would have improved on the switch gear...
- It looks that way. I will reserve my judgement until I have ridden one.
- Really? That is strange. I would expect them to make bags for it.
- That surprises me as well. Were guys like Revit, Klim, Rukka not at MCL? They make some great (expensive) stuff.
- Agreed. Though I say that of a lot of bikes, but that CRF looks very interesting. Though I think that, at the same weight and slightly over a tenth of the price, I will stick with my KTM 640 for now. Hope to get some work done on that over the Christmas holiday.

Quote from: Nick Calne on December 20, 2021, 12:03:49 AM
How is she let out and you not?
Basically, we are all able to go out, that is not the problem. Non-essential shops are closed, so that is the main thing. However, she's flown to Ecuador a couple of weeks ago, so she is not actually here.
I do like her videos and I really think she has improved a lot in her series 4 and 5 and you really see that in 6 again as well. Lots of dirt riding on a 300 in this one. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

Surprised you can't fit the Mosko Moto bags to the AT, I have a Backcountry original set with the mounting plates if you want to give them a try. The mounting plates are meant to go onto just about any racks with suitable clamps, or rusty angle iron / rebar / dexion etc.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

That's very kind of you but its the rackless system I had my eye on.  I'm going to take this issue off to another thread to avoid polluting this one.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint