News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

MCL 2021 Anyone?

Started by mat-tiger1, December 05, 2021, 09:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on December 17, 2021, 10:18:55 AM
I think we may have lost Nick to the dark side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finally someone who can appreciate a 250 for what it is... A great addition to your red carpet. ;)

Obviously, this has triggered an interest in all other inappropriate pictures from MCL. :D
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Chris Canning

We had a very simple plan for the NEC let rush go by sat/Sunday and go Monday, had a phone call Saturday empty....unfortunately they all had the same idea and Monday was a rugby scrum.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 19, 2021, 09:52:08 AM
We had a very simple plan for the NEC let rush go by sat/Sunday and go Monday, had a phone call Saturday empty....unfortunately they all had the same idea and Monday was a rugby scrum.

The exhibitors wouldn't know what had hit them  :icon_eek: A lot of people looking for close out bargains  :icon_scratch:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

So Mr Nick and Ivor, are we getting a report?

mat-tiger1

Quote from: London_Phil on December 19, 2021, 11:11:26 AM
So Mr Nick and Ivor, are we getting a report?
Not much to report I'm afraid Phil, compared to previous years MCL was certainly down on attendance on the Sunday we went along.
The main players seemed to be all in place but smaller, accessories and riding gear guys were noticeably lacking!  (particularly noticeable because both Nick & I were searching for some bargains on riding gear!)
I went over on my bike and I must say, convenient (right next to the main halls) & secure parking was available. Every biker had a wristband matched to one on their bike which was checked upon entry & exit from the undercover parking area.
We were going to ride in the "Adventure Experience zone" but it was fully booked up for the morning session & when went back at 13:00 to book for the afternoon session the queues were just crazy long. So we didn't bother. A shame really because Nick wanted to get his leg over (steady now) the new CRF300 which was available to test ride. He did manage to get his wish on the stand a little later though!

You can tell by his grin that he was loving it!
Of course we paid homage to the Triumph stand in order to chat to the Adventure Experience guys and talk about possible future adventure holidays and also to get a look at the new 1200 Tiger. It turns out that it seems to be everything that was promised/expected and maybe a bit more perhaps? Test rides of course will prove or disprove the changes made, but just on looks it appears to have what it takes to challenge BMW in that market sector.

I for one will pop along to any future MCL's regardless of this year's experience even if it's just a chance to meet up with old mates and chat sh*t about bikes & life in general!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

ghulst

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on December 19, 2021, 01:47:44 PM

I like the idea of this bike. I have understood that you'll need to sort out the suspension. And I'm still not sure about those two 'eyes' on the front. ;)

Did you see this Nick?

London_Phil

Yep, Noraly putting us all to shame...

ghulst

Well, at least she is out and about. We're in another lockdown, which means I am stuck behind my camera again...

But, in general, I love watching her videos.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on December 19, 2021, 01:47:44 PM
I went over on my bike and I must say, convenient (right next to the main halls) & secure parking was available. Every biker had a wristband matched to one on their bike which was checked upon entry & exit from the undercover parking area.

Simple and effective  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Interesting reading these posts....I haven't sold a bike in over 20 years...just bought e'm so still plenty of stock....but while wandering around the Bike show my thoughts were about my first electric bike, cuz that's the way it going like it or not, had a good look at the Energica...and now the electric motocrosser Stark Varg the wind is blowing one way....and now I read Ducati have a track bike as well.

London_Phil

Am I correct in thinking Triumph are developing an Electric bike?

Chris Canning

Logic says they are all going to have to produce one, start of this coved lark...and me being the pessimist....said to my other I can see this being long haul, and we swapped our two normal mountain bikes for the latest all singing all dancing electric option and it's been an eye opener so god knows what is to come in the motorcycle line.

Nick Calne

Thanks Arne, I shall take a look. Been a while since I watched Itchy Boots. I am never quite sure whether I am watching her just for the motorcycle content.

And yeah those eyes on the 300 are a bit o.O or perhaps  :icon_eek: :bug_eye

I enjoyed the show. It was fun. My takeaways were...

The norden is just a ktm in a frock.
The tiger 1200 is really good.
Mosko moto bags don't fit an Africa twin.
Someone with an adv specific clothing stand could do very well.
I would like a 300.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Nick Calne

Quote from: ghulst on December 19, 2021, 05:55:30 PM
Well, at least she is out and about. We're in another lockdown

How is she let out and you not?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?