News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Silly Baggage!

Started by Nick Calne, December 20, 2021, 03:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

Another option could be a aluminium luggage plate on the back for a luggage roll. If you are never using a top case, it will never be in the way and a roll bag would be the easiest to pull off as well...
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on December 22, 2021, 01:23:51 AM
Sin, i have thought about removing the handles and replacing with a fabric strap type. Ivor, I think mentioned this to me. It remains an option but does mean losing the rear rack too, which would be a pain when I want to go into touring mode.

I was thinking more along the lines of a metal fabrication for those reasons.

The other US makes I was trying to remember are "Wolfman" and "Tusk", pricey before you figure in the shipping. I stumbled across a Polish made system by "21 Brothers" which is along similar lines.

I confess to being something of a bag whore  :icon_redface:   I hope nobody stumbles upon this thread thinking it's a handbag forum  :rfl
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I have two ally side boxes that came with the bike but never used, a dry bag that was a tenner from Aldi and is still going strong ten years on, and an ally top box that I bought after the bike which is large enough to bath a large dog.  It looks ungainly, but doesn't noticeably affect the handling. However, I take Nick's point about riding off road.

In sum, this comment has added zero value to Nicks post :icon_lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Madruss

A few years ago, I came across a job lot of Yamaha XT660Z gear in which there was a prototype set of throw over soft panniers which were large enough to carry a 20 litre fuel drum & heavy duty velcro securing system.
I've since seen what I think are the fully developed system by Andy Straps.
These bags are a "best seller" on the Australian adventure rider market.   
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!