News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ride planning

Started by Nick Calne, January 20, 2022, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

UPDATED LIST OF RIDE EVENTS:
(admins- please make sticky at top of thread)

26th March - Ride out from Wiltshire to Poole with the Wiltshire Adventure Riders
https://facebook.com/events/s/season-opener-to-poole/290919486388411/
Forum users attending: Stanp, nickcalne, ashley

2nd April - UK Challenge Salisbury Plains ride (Includes off road tracks)
https://facebook.com/events/s/uk-challenge-2022-april-the-pl/434353991487610/
Forum users attending: nickcalne

30th April - A couple of days run around wales (Includes off road tracks)
Forum users attending: mat tiger1, stanp, nickcalne, ashley

2nd - 3rd June - Welsh National Road Rally
www.nationalroadrally.co.uk
Forum users attending: Blacktiger

23rd - 26th June - Festival: Adventure Bike Rider Festival
www.abrfesitval.com
Forum users attending: mat tiger1, Ashley, nickcalne

30th July - Festival: Calne bike fest
calnebikemeet.com
Forum users attending: Nickcalne

27th Aug - Festival: Big Mach Adventure Festival
www.machfestival.co.uk
Forum users attending: nickcalne
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

TigerKing

As suggested by Nick at the Stow-on-the-Wold meet up 12th Feb, here are a couple of ideas to throw in to the pot for activities that could be combined in regional meet ups for either a day ride out or quick overnighter.

National Space Agency visit, Leicester.
Ferry ride on or cycle ride around, Rutland Water.
Haynes Motor museum, Yeovil.
Railway museum, Suffolk.
National Waterways museum, Gloucester.
National Motorcycle museum, Birmingham.
Beulieu Motor Museum, Southampton ash.

Being a Southerner I don't know much about the deep North, for me Stow-on-the-Wold was well over the border :)
Cheers for now.
Life is short !

Lee337

Every year, although it's been cancelled for the past two years for obvious reasons, there's a Sunset to Sunrise ride in aid of Macmillan Cancer charity.

It runs overnight leaving Anglesea at sunset with the hope of arriving at Scunthorpe before sunrise the following day, approximately 260 miles in total.. This year it's on 25/26 June. The entry fee is £10 for solo rider & £15 if you have a pillion.

I'll be going & have my fundraiser page already set up (this is automatically sat up once the entry fee is paid). I will more than likely be travelling up on the Friday.

If you fancy the challenge, the organisation is done via a dedicated Facebook page Bikers4Macmilan, just go to the Events tab & you should find details. Hopefully the link below should work.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/92285201654
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Bixxer Bob

Not rides, but I have a trackday to shake down the race bike early April then first race weekend at Pembrey Easter weekend.  After that, dates are OK that don't coincide with a race weekend ie

7th-8th May 2022 - Brands Hatch Indy
4th-5th June 2022 - Anglesey Coastal
2nd-3rd July 2022 - Cadwell Park
30th-31st July 2022 - Donington Park National
3rd-4th September 2022 - Snetterton 200
1st-2nd October 2022 - Croft

Scotland sounds good :icon_lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

StanP

Hi all,

I'll be joining you for the ride in Wales at the end of April.

I'm looking for a taller screen for my Scrambler (sorry its missing 1 cylinder but it's all the better for it!), I'm looking for a A660 Givi which appears to be the best value and offer the best protection. Should help be keep the fatigue at bay!

Don't forget about the ride to Poole from Chippenham on the 26th of March, Nick posted a link earlier in the thread.

Stan

Geoff W

Well I am off to the Amsterdam ferry on Wednesday next week. First stop at Arnhem, then to Rokanje for a couple of nights to meet some friends and watch the classic racing on the cobbled streets, I hope it stays dry for the sake of the riders! I have a few days to fill in, not sure where to go yet, follow the weather, before meeting a friend in Brussels for a few nights rest. Then a couple of nights somewhere else on the way home. Detailed planning is not my forte, but at least I have a puncture repair kit with me this time. :icon_eek:
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Nick Calne

You won't need it this time with your fancy new bike!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

mat-tiger1

Hi all, I attended one of the factory run bike nights last night & I must say I was impressed. They are running the bike  nights every second Wednesday up until September.
The Factory visitor experience remains open for bike night following the normal working day (It usually closes at 16:30) and it stays open until 20:00. Allowing those who attend the bike night events to take a leisurely stroll around the usually busy exhibits.
Food and drinks are available to suit all tastes (Non alcoholic) as the visitor cafe stays open and there are also a couple of additional food stands pitched out front.
When I visited, the organisers also wheeled out a couple of historically important bikes and started them up much to the crowd's delight! (I believe this to be the norm!)
Literally over a hundred or so bikes of all makes and models (quite a number of old triumphs of course) joined the bike night with lots of the attendees were more than happy to walk around the bike park (right in front of the visitor's centre) and chew the fat about each other's bikes. (I had a lot of interest in my custom colour scheme)
The weather was reasonably fair for the time of year and everyone seemed to enjoy the evenings events.
I'll put a link below and if anyone is interested in heading to Hinckley to attend, let me know and if I'm available, I'd be more than happy to meet up with you!

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/for-the-ride/experiences/factory-visitor-experience/events

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

ghulst

Quote from: Geoff W on May 10, 2022, 02:18:46 PMWell I am off to the Amsterdam ferry on Wednesday next week. First stop at Arnhem, then to Rokanje for a couple of nights to meet some friends and watch the classic racing on the cobbled streets, I hope it stays dry for the sake of the riders! I have a few days to fill in, not sure where to go yet, follow the weather, before meeting a friend in Brussels for a few nights rest. Then a couple of nights somewhere else on the way home. Detailed planning is not my forte, but at least I have a puncture repair kit with me this time. :icon_eek:
Sorry Geoff, missed your post completely, but if you need any suggestions for when you are in NL, just let me know.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011