News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ride planning

Started by Nick Calne, January 20, 2022, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

So what's your ride plans for this year then?  I'll start...(all welcome!)

26th March - Ride out from Wiltshire to Poole with the Wiltshire Adventure Riders

2nd April - UK Challenge Salisbury Plains ride (Includes off road tracks)

30th April - A couple of days run around wales (Includes off road tracks)

23rd - 26th June - Festival: Adventure Bike Rider Festival

30th July - Festival: Calne bike fest

27th Aug - Festival: Big Mach Adventure Festival

Then there was some talk about Scotland later in the year amongst a few notables of this parish.

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

London_Phil

I'm going to try to get as much riding in a possible this year. Will definitely try to attend as many of these  as I can.

Geoff W

I am not doing any off road miles now that i have converted to a Tiger Sport 1050. Not that I did very much on the Steamer, just the odd Landrover track.
I am considering a trip to The Ulster GP now that they have said it will go ahead. I have fitted a set of Shad luggage , so if we are allowed I shall be off to "some where in Europe" in the Summer.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Lee337

Bought myself a copy of Bikers Britain last week, which came this morning & was looking through it to see if I could get some ideas.

But, gonna ride when & where I can. The thing about me & plans is we never get together at the same place & same time.  :cp
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

mat-tiger1

Gents, we have a little interest in a Scotland meet this year can we start a poll to see what the general consensus is? Most popular dates, Locations, duration etc? Let's see how many chime in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Nick Calne

Well count me in. So that's you and I at least.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Nick Calne

In terms of dates 29th Aug to 2nd Sept would be good for me

London_Phil

Quote from: Nick Calne on January 22, 2022, 10:41:26 AM
In terms of dates 29th Aug to 2nd Sept would be good for me

That would coincide with the end of school holiday in England, so It's usually a bad weekend for travelling.. Maybe a week or so later?

Nick Calne

Nick Calne

For those interested a few of us are meeting up in Stow on the Wold at 11.30 on 12th February for a chat and some ride planning.

Geoff W

Scotland is easy for me, also my daughter lives in Inverness so I can have a free bed. I am semi retired now, I tend to get my work done in the first half of the month and leave the second half free for trips. May and September tend to give the best combination of good weather and fewer caravans.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

GavD

Hello all,

remember me??? :icon_smile:

I'm keen to get some more miles in this year. I'm leaving my job at the end of feb and dont plan on getting another one too quickly (if at all).

Would like to do Scotland, but us IOW boys are planning on France/germany/Switzerland for 10 days from the 27th Aug, so I'll have to see what dates you come up with.

My wedding anniversary mid sept as well and im always tied up then (not literally :nono)

I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know if I'm 'tagging along'

Gav
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Nick Calne

Just out of curiosity are you allowed off the island more than once a year? If so it would be great to see you.