News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dashcam saga

Started by Lee337, February 11, 2022, 05:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

Some of you may have seen my post about buying a dashcam for the bike from an eBay seller. If not, here's brief summary.

I thought I'd have one of those bike dashcams that look both forward and back. I did a little research, mainly on Amazon and based on good feedback, looked for the same item on eBay. The buy now button was clicked on and less than a week later, said item arrived. I didn't take it out of the box immediately as I also had a 32Gb Micro SD card on the way.

when I did & tested it on the bench, it was a complete load of cr4p

Below is the full series of messages between myself and the seller. You might want to get yourself a cuppa.  :icon_eek:

Me:
I received the Dash Cam in good time, which was good. However the quality of the item is very poor. The front camera is blured & the video image very jerky, the rear camera doesn't work. I can only assume the item is faulty and wish to return the item with a full refund.

9enjoyshopping
Dear customer, we are sorry to hear that the item you received was faulty, we do apologize for this. if it is possible, would you mind sending us pictures of it here? we promise to offer a proper solution, please don't worry too much, but your kindly cooperation will be much appreciated.

Me:
I am uncertain what you want me to provide a picture of. The product is now boxed up in the original packaging and awaiting return. It was never fitted to the motorcycle as I tested the product on the bench before fitting. However, I have attached screenshots of images form both the front and rear camera.
As can be seen, the rear camera just shows a blue screen. the image from the video from the front camera is of very poor quality and blurred. I am therefore not satisfied with this product and in accordance with the warranty information as set out in your eBay listing (copied below) wish to return the product for a full refund.

12 months Warranty. Buy with confidence!

If you are not satisfied when you receive your item, please return it within 14 days for a replacement or money back. Please contact me before you return it

9enjoyshopping
Dear customer,

We are so sorry to learn about this problem, we did perform a quality check and test of each item before sending it out. There is an instruction manual included in the package, would you please try again as how it says? And we wonder if it is possible for you to take a video for this problem and send it to us? So that we can figure out what the problem might be. We promise to offer a proper solution, no worries, but more information from you will be helpful, many thanks!

Me:
I'm afraid this is just delaying matters. I followed the instructions as set out in the instruction book. The video quality of the product is poor and not working on the rear facing camera. I have provided still screen grabs from the dashcam as requested. The product is not of sufficient quality and as previously stated, I am not satisfied with the product. In accordance with your warranty as laid out in your eBay listing I wish to return the product for a full refund.

This product was purchased by me on 20th January 2020 and tested by me on 2 February when I opened the package ready to install.

I will repeat, I am requesting a full refund and details of where to return the product. I am prepared to await a further 5 days for a response before opening a dispute with eBay.

9enjoyshopping
Dear buyer, we are sorry for your any trouble. Can you recommend your preferred solution so that we can do our best? Thank you for your good communication in advance.

Me:
I have now requested a refund 3 times but you continue to delay. This is not acceptable. I am now opening a dispute with eBay as the product is faulty and you have continually delayed rather than refund the money as I have requested.

9enjoyshopping
;Dear customer, So sorry for the inconvenience we caused to you , If you request a full refund, due to ebay policy, you need to return the item back ,,and we will check if it's the real fact,then we will apply for compensation from our supplier, hope you could kindly understand this.We sell at a low price and ship for free.But the shipping fee for returning is very expensive,we do not want to bring much trouble for you.So we suggest a half refund to you and you do not need to send back.Or if you could advise us better solution,we could figure it out together. Best wishes

Me:
Thank you for your offer of half refund. However, this is NOT acceptable. What use is a non functioning item? I have now begun the return item procedure in line with eBay policy and returned the item in the original packaging in the condition it was received. I look forward to a FULL refund in accordance with eBay policy within 3 days of receipt of the item. The item has been returned by tracked post, with a return slip enclosed.

9enjoyshopping
Dear buyer, we are sorry for your any trouble. Can you recommend your preferred solution so that we can do our best? Thank you for your good communication in advance.

Me:
I have continually requested a Full refund of £36.00. I will accept nothing else. The goods were returned by tracked post and I have received confirmation that you have received the faulty item.

I now require a FULL refund of £36.00. This is the 4th time I have requested a FULL refund of £36.00.

Just so there is no doubt, I require a FULL refund of £36.00

I accordance with eBay policy I expect this FULL refund of £36.00 no later than 15th February.

I hope I've made myself clear what my preferred solution is.
[/i]

I don't think there is any ambiguity in my communication there. Should be interesting to see if I have to get eBay to intervene.  :^_^

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

JayDub

Fun and games 🙄
There shouldn't be a problem now as eBay have control, I've found that they usually track the return and once they find that the reason for return is valid, they ssue the refund,  then they recover the amount from the seller.
I don't think I would have been as patient though, I would have started the return as soon as I detected the stalling tactics 😠
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

London_Phil

I ordered a battery pack for an older cordless vacuum. Should have been warned by the good price. Paid by card, and some weeks later, a cheap pair of sunglasses turned up, from China.
Had a very similar exchange with seller, and it boiled down to.
50% refund and keep the glasses ( so £40 quid for unwanted tat glasses) or I send back, at my expense, the glasses, and only after they had assessed whether the glasses were in fact not a battery pack, I may get a refund.
Contacted credit card company, and although it was under the  £100 liability limit,  they asked me to fill in a form, and send all the emails to them. i was issued a full refund by the card company, as they agreed it was an unfair/fraud situation.
Lesson learned..

Lee337

I recently ordered a camera drone from a UK Web site  stating their drones are made by an American company. The UK Web site has a UK address. Paid my money via PayPal and within half an hour got an email confirmation from a UK email address.

24 hours later I got an email from the Post Office stating there was a parcel on the way from China & they'll let me know when it's in the UK.

Nothing on the website to say the drone came from China on the Web site.

I'm really hoping a pair of sunglasses don't turn up now  :bug_eye
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

JayDub

Wait for the customs tax bill.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Sin_Tiger

:icon_scratch: I'm needing some new sunglasses  ;)

I've not had such good experiences with ebay sadly. I bought what I fully expected to be 3 bolts as that was what was shown in the only picture. One bolt arrived  :icon_confused: Asked the seller and was told the description said "Bolt" not "one only bolt" just "Bolt". After several terse exchanges, including being told I was an idiot for not asking how many bolts I was getting, I sent it back. took ebay nearly a month to force a refund  :icon_evil: and the seller was in Arbroath  :nono
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Lee337

Quote from: JayDub on February 11, 2022, 10:17:40 PM
Wait for the customs tax bill.

Looked in to that, the value is under £135 so not chargeable.

I'll hold on to the sunglasses Sin for when you're down this way next   :ImaPoser

By the way, got my refund today, so just the sunglasses/drone to go  :thumbsup