News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The long forum silence that is February.

Started by Nick Calne, February 23, 2022, 02:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

mat-tiger1

All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Lee337

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

mat-tiger1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

ghulst

London_Phil

Are we trying to use up expiring gif's now?

Sin_Tiger

I thought it was quiet too. All I could hear was a high pitched noise, turned out to be coming from my heated jacket controller  :*&*
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 24, 2022, 11:00:06 PM
I thought it was quiet too. All I could hear was a high pitched noise, turned out to be coming from my heated jacket controller  :*&*
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmm toasty...........

ghulst

Tiger-G

It is quiet isn't it  :icon_sad:

I think it's two years coming up since I sold my 955  :icon_scratch: . And the idea was to get my house extension done, get a more secure brick build garage, and get a 1200. Unfortunately......covid kicked in, I could't find a builder, the builder I did find turned out to be a complete Walter Mitty character who knew jack sh!t, then when I finally found a good builder to complete the extension the price of materials had sky rocketed !! So I've got no money for another Tiger, and won't have any for a long while. I'm even going to have to get a job !!  :icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen:

So I think my motorcycling career of almost 40 years has come to an end. I've got away without any major injuries, so it might be time to call it quits. I always pop into the forum every day, but there's nothing much I can contribute any more  :icon_sad:

I hope the forum continues, it deserves too. It's is such a wealth of information on early Tigers.....the most comprehensive on the interweb. So if you're on other Tiger sites, direct others to come on here for their information.....and fly the TigerTriple flag  ;)  :thumbsup
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Nick Calne

Nah! C'mon. New shiny bike out there with your name on it somewhere.... :new_popcornsmiley
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

Had the 955 22 years....went the houses/garage extension 35 years ago..hench the room to wheel e'm up the back Of the garage rather than sell so currently run...cough 6 😀

ghulst

You never know how a Tiger might find you Tiger-G. ;) You just have to be open for it to happen. After 40 years it might also be hard to kick the habit. ;)