News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sasquatch done ...

Started by Bagooba, August 01, 2022, 08:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bagooba

Last summer went on trip, new battery died because of not enough charge.  Get home and research Sasquatch, did sasquatch over winter and installed voltmeter to dash.  Now when running down the road I get 14.1V ...  :rock-1:

Now here's the problem, the connector between the stator and the MosFet melted after several day long rides.  Never even checked the connector while riding, why would I?  Everything was great.  Then on some routine maintenance and clean up I noticed the connected was melted (sorry, no pictures), bad enough that I worried about it shorting together.  So I got some bullet connectors and connected the wires directly together to eliminate the 3 plug connector.  Heat shrinked the wires and used electrical tape to seperated them even more. have taken several long rides and felt the connector "bundle" after a long stretch running down the road.  It is still hot, not burning my skin kind of hot but hot enough that I think something just isn't right. I have a large 30 amp fuse soldered in where Sasquatch mod instructed.
Anybody experienced this or have any ideas? Thanks In Advance!

HockleyBoy

Loads in this forum on the various options, I tried lots over the years and the most successful was a Shindengen regrec combined with the updated Triumph Link lead.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Lee337

Ended up taking the mod off mine when the connectors started to get a bit warm. The wiring is now back to original.

Oddly when the factory fitted alarm failed & I took it off  the charhe is around 13.8v, it seems to start easier & I can leave it for 4 weeks & still start it.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Bagooba

Quote from: HockleyBoy on August 15, 2022, 09:38:00 AMLoads in this forum on the various options, I tried lots over the years and the most successful was a Shindengen regrec combined with the updated Triumph Link lead.
So do you recommend removing the Sasquatch mod and using the Shindengen regrec with the Triumph Link Lead?

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Bagooba on August 30, 2022, 05:28:15 PMSo do you recommend removing the Sasquatch mod and using the Shindengen regrec with the Triumph Link Lead?

It was definitely best for me but its worth reading as much as possible on the forum as lots have tried different things and there are other things to consider, stator and battery as all have an affect on relaibility
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport