News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Legend or Thunderbird gas tank

Started by ssevy, September 23, 2022, 09:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

I left my Legend parked with a full tank of treated gas, but forgot to go back and drain it, so the inside is a mess. Anyone have one kicking around?
ssevy@roadrunner.com
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

ssevy

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

They don't come up very often in the UK and when they do get snapped up quick by guys doing Cafe Racer customs.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HockleyBoy

Can you not treat and reseal it? There are kits available and also I found a couple of places you can send your tank off too and they will do it for you. Looks to be cheaper than a new tank.

I am looking as you are not the only one to make that mistake  :icon_redface:
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bigfeesh

Clean it out with a couple days of soaking with citric acid, cheap and safe, can be poured away easily, I used it many times on fuel tanks and bike parts, works well.
Tiptop

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Bigfeesh on October 19, 2022, 05:56:37 PMClean it out with a couple days of soaking with citric acid, cheap and safe, can be poured away easily, I used it many times on fuel tanks and bike parts, works well.

Thanks, worth knowing, I will give it a try on mine when I get some timr.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Madruss

Quote from: ssevy on October 13, 2022, 03:39:00 PMLocated one in Australia!
And I look for parts in Europe ;) !
You just never know. Great to hear you have found one  :thumbsup 
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!