News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Next year already..

Started by Nick Calne, October 23, 2022, 10:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Gentlemen...

Tigerking and I were discussing the prospect of group rides in '23 and picked up on some ideas that have been floating about amongst the tigers generally.

There has been some discussion about a trip to the Pico de Europa (see specific thread) and some general banter about getting over to Eastern Europe. There is also a small bunch of us heading up to the ABR festival.

So a couple of questions?

Would you be interested in the above trips? Are there any you would like to organise for the group?

And lastly...

As the forum doesn't get the traffic it once did, we have been organising trips recent via WhatsApp. Obviously this is a more immediate and dependable method of communication  but it has the side effect of potentially excluding people from the process if they aren't in the group.  Therefore, if you would like to be in the WhatsApp group, can you let me or Tigerking, Mat-Tiger1 or London Phil know.

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Lee337

I'm taking partial retirement next year so should have a little more time to go out & play. Won't be taking any foreign trips on the bike, but the odd weekend away in the UK might be possible. Thought about the SBR festival a couple of times so this might be possible if I can get time off & can pack Mrs L off to her sisters for a weekend.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

London_Phil

I would like a trip to Scotland to say hi to Niall at some point too. Long weekend, or week trip?

Nick Calne

I think quite a few of us would think it would be nice to meet you Lee.  Be great if you could make the ABR.

Phil, yes! We need to do it.

Sin_Tiger

:icon_eek:  I'm moving back to Singapore  :icon_lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Lee337

Just been looking at my calendar for next year. the ABR festival coincides with the Bikers4Macmillan Sunset to Sunrise tour, which next year is overnight on 23rd June.

That means I have a weekend pass anyway.

The downside is which event to do, they'll cost similar ££'s but one event means staying in a tent (which I don't own) and the other a hotel room in Anglesey.

Bugger...
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Nick Calne

Seems like a good dilemma to have Lee!  Nice to have a choice fo fun things to do!

Lee337

I think ABR might just win here, found myself pricing up tickets & looking at free standing tents today  :icon_eek:

London_Phil

Quote from: Lee337 on October 26, 2022, 11:01:57 PMI think ABR might just win here, found myself pricing up tickets & looking at free standing tents today  :icon_eek:

Apparently, they have the best toilets and shower facilities too...

Lee337

Looks like I'll be checking out the toilet & shower facilities at ABR Festival next year, ticket ordered now need to find a tent.  :icon_eek:

Nick Calne

London_Phil

Re ABR, do we create a wagons in a circle type approach, for a group space?, or is it all organised by the site?

Nick Calne

Quote from: London_Phil on October 30, 2022, 08:18:11 PMRe ABR, do we create a wagons in a circle type approach, for a group space?, or is it all organised by the site?

Yeehah. From a circle before the cherokees get ya.

London_Phil

Quote from: Nick Calne on November 06, 2022, 01:38:17 AMYeehah. From a circle before the cherokees get ya.

You mean there are Jeeps too?

Nick Calne

Quote from: London_Phil on November 06, 2022, 10:39:13 AMYou mean there are Jeeps too?

You might get some people on Indians...