News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Installed a Voltmeter on the Steamer

Started by Sparky, August 31, 2015, 01:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

I have some fog lights to install and plan on installing heated grips so I figured a voltmeter is a good idea to keep an eye on the battery condition.  I found the meter on eBay it's waterproof and available in red, blue or green readout green seemed like the logical choice and it was only $11.00.  I did not want to drill any plastics so after messing with some scrap aluminum this is what I came up with and it's mounting location.  It's plugged into the battery charger cord right now I plan on getting a fuse block when the lights and grips get installed so then I will connect it to a switched source. 
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

Neat, nice size too... Best add-on for a steamer  :nod - peace of mind.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

GavD

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

ssevy

Very cool bracket design - could do double duty as an egg dipper when you dye your eggs at Easter (minus the meter obviously).
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: ssevy on August 31, 2015, 02:53:01 PM
Very cool bracket design - could do double duty as an egg dipper when you dye your eggs at Easter (minus the meter obviously).

It's wise to not wonder what makes Tiger owners tick...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sparky

1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

93TigerBill-2016

Old Post I know, don't want to start another topic.
Did this also (can't get a better pic), but wanted to add that I tagged into the clock wiring, and by using the 'Instrument Illumination' wire (Bl =>R/Bl) and Bk=>Bk/Y as 'earth', it only comes on when the instruments light up.
Good reminder to switch the lights on!
https://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=14787.0;attach=12518;image
'93 Triumph Tiger, Caspian Blue, Blue Engine Cases
132,000 km;  IBA #45911

Madruss

Quote from: 93TigerBill-2016 on May 18, 2023, 07:35:02 AMDid this also (can't get a better pic) but wanted to add that I tagged into the clock wiring, and by using the 'Instrument Illumination' wire (Bl =>R/Bl) and Bk=>Bk/Y as 'earth', it only comes on when the instruments light up.
Good reminder to switch the lights on!
https://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=14787.0;attach=12518;image
Thought this subject could do with another airing. :sign13
Like water cooled bikes without a temperature gauge, an engine without a kick start, it's critical to know you have plenty of stored battery power so we don't "fry" that sprag clutch & starter.  :thumbsup
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!