News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain Slider Block

Started by 93TigerBill-2016, November 07, 2022, 04:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

93TigerBill-2016

Thx Ken, did see that option, good to see lack of wear.
'93 Triumph Tiger, Caspian Blue, Blue Engine Cases
132,000 km;  IBA #45911

fishnbiker

Quote from: 93TigerBill-2016 on December 01, 2022, 11:27:15 PMThx Ken, did see that option, good to see lack of wear.

That was all run with DID Gold X ring chain with several years of dusty/muddy/sandy/rocky roads.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Beernard

Nice work Ken. I love it. Inspiration for us all. More than one way to skin an axolotl, they say!
Ripper, woke up again.

Madruss

Quote from: Beernard on November 13, 2022, 06:24:31 AMHi Bill. Here's a couple of pix. I was happy to find that the bracket has nice holes pre-drilled!
All the best. Bern.

Nice, another job/project to attend to, while I'm in the mood  :icon_mrgreen:
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Matthewittnz

Hey all,
Just thought I would show what I have just done to replace a worn out slider block on my tiger, I am yet to ride the bike but it appears to look like it will work as intended.
The roller costs around 12nzd and is a pretty generic chain rollerYou cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.       for Suzuki/kawasaki/Honda motox bikes.
From memory it measures 32dia-28width with an 8 mm inner diameter through bearings for bolt.
Beauty of this setup is you can reuse old work out slider bracket.
I just bolted the bracket onto the outside of the mounting point rather than the inside where it normally attaches to get the correct offset for the roller, also used a few washers to get it sitting central on chain.

If this is lifting the chain to high I will move the roller down a hole in the bracket and if this is not enough I will just skim Abita of the "hook" part of the bracket to lower the roller some more, but as is I think this should work well and last for yonks. All up I think it cost around $15nzd.
Hope this helps somebody
Cheers Matt

Matthewittnz

Sorry about the double up of pics,new to this! Cheers Matt

93TigerBill-2016

Thx Matt, That is a cool option!
Do you have a specific part number by any chance?
Keen to hear how it goes!
Bill
132,000 km;  IBA #45911

Beernard

Great work, Matt!
Very neat and looks highly likely to be an excellent upgrade.
Thanks, Bern.
Ripper, woke up again.

Madruss

Quote from: Beernard on December 05, 2023, 04:59:38 AMGreat work, Matt!
Very neat and looks highly likely to be an excellent upgrade.
Thanks, Bern.
Yes great work.
I purchased a spring loaded version from Ryans Motorcycles in Parramatta for my first bike, a Montessa 247 Cota. That was 1976! It was a clamp on to the swing arm set up with a similar roller.
Regards Russ

93TigerBill-2016

Hey Russ,
Parallel lines....
My second 'bike was a Cota 247, after a Yamaha DT2, as I caught the 'Trials' bug.
Great way to learn to ride!
132,000 km;  IBA #45911

Madruss

Quote from: 93TigerBill-2016 on January 03, 2024, 10:59:55 PMHey Russ,
Parallel lines....
My second 'bike was a Cota 247, after a Yamaha DT2, as I caught the 'Trials' bug.
Great way to learn to ride!

Buying a trials bike I got laughed at by mates who were inflicted with the moto cross bug  :wheel
After doing logistics for my eldest son & his mates, the Finke Desert Race 2012, being bikeless since 2005, I had the 2 wheel bug once more, purchasing a WR450F. One of the best bikes I've ever owned.
I went to our big local trail ride (Upper Horton, NW, NSW) on it. Not having ridden dirt bikes since 1989, I thought, here we go again. :icon_redface: 
I had the last laugh :ImaPoser  All these young D heads on their big time MX bikes couldn't make it up some squirrelly inclines, bikes & riders A over T.
Using my long ago acquired trials skills, chugged straight past. I stopped for a rest a klm further on, helmet off, several of the recently fallen pulled up next to me, with jaws on the ground  :bug_eye couldn't believe an old overwieght grey beard made it up the hill in one go.  :thumbsup  :icon_biggrin:
Regards Russ