News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chilli Steamer 36K

Started by Sin_Tiger, December 10, 2022, 05:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

98% factory original,  stock, unmolested, no silly "accessories". Two matched keys .
Original Paint (Chilli Red Pearl) & Decals.
Original DID Rims, Indicators, Bars, Rack and End Cans
Original Seat base, re-covered (shaped a little lower and longer in rider area)
Most of the service paperwork from new.

Non Stock :-
Countless stainless fasteners and a considerable amount of powder coating
Fusebox repositioned (stock location is an awful faff)
LED Instrument backlights and Idiot lights (except Low Fuel)
Airbox cover split for ease of filter cleaning / carb removal.
Aftermarket "Folding" Mirrors
12V socket on left panel.
Heated Grips
Scottoiler

Recently had a frame up refresh after a long period in storage.
No rust or flaking coatings, nothing missing (Airbox cover panels present and intact), nothing broken or hingin' aff, no cracked panels or siezed screws. No cracks in the rear frame. Paintwork is not perfect, neither will it embarass you, it has had some touch up.
Tank is good with no paint bubbling, clear drain, no snapped off screws or spinning captive nuts.
Full swing arm off suspension rebuild, forks rebuilt with fresh oil and seals, shock rebuilt with new seals, oil, bumpstop and nitrogen.
Brakes & Clutch hydraulics completely rebuilt, including master cylinders, braided hoses.
Engine casing covers have been removed, including sump, cleaned out and recoated, textured powder coat like the original factory, not rattle can'd.
Drive sprocket (18/45), clutch rod and gear selector seals replaced, chain and sprockets less than 2k miles.
Valve clearances all in spec., near factory original shim sizes! No sprag clutch issues. Carbs cleaned, rebuilt & set up.
Electrics, PVL coils, fan good with new switch, both horns & side stand switch good. All Switchgear and Instruments fully functional, yes including the clock and low fuel sensor. Charges properly, Motobatt. Been on the Triumph diagnostics tester and comes up clean.
Side stand rebuilt with heavy gauge tubing, larger pad and bracket bushed, does not lean like a drunk Matlow.
All new bearings and seals, Anakee Tyres will see out a season unless you plan to tour all of the Alps.

Comes with colour matched Bagster tank cover and bag. If the sun shines, mileage shown will go up. More photos etc. if interested don't want to clog the website server.

Ride away info :-
Next service = @ 4400 miles
Next MOT = 12th September 2023
Rear Tyre = + 1200 miles from new
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

You can post a couple of extra pics if you want. What is the reason you are letting it go?
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

Thanks mate, I figured anyone interested will get in touch and save me cluttering up the server, I'm good at that  :augie

Simple reason, too many Steamers  :cp
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

It looks like a great bike. Always liked the looks of the steamer.

Madruss

1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Sin_Tiger

Madruss

Yes container prices ex USA  :BangHead, now just add a 0 on the end. Parcel freight was $25 now $125  :bug_eye
Looking a Tiger parts on fleabuy ex the fatherland (my $1200 Au tiger included shipping) parts value would be $6k or more   ;)
Regards Russ

Aeschere

That is one nice looking bike! The new owner can be proud of it.
Just wondering, how did you keep those rims and spokes so shiny? They look brand new!

Perhaps some useful information to add: What is your asking price and where is the bike located?

Sin_Tiger

Thank you for the compliment. The rims were spare originals I'd had in storage for a long time, didn't do anything special, just a gentle polish, anything aggressive will damage the original anodising, then just a good quality wax.

I'd expect anyone who is seriously interested will contact me directly, most members know roughly where I am in Scotland. The price I have it listed more generally is a bit more than what I'd let it go to a forum member who gets in touch  ;)

Madruss

Regards Russ

ghulst

Now there is a good question. Or perhaps Niall is still just riding around on it. ;) 

wyaTT37

Curious minds want to know
Thanks to "those who we cannot mention",  Im keeping my Tigers outfitted for Mad Max world, coming to a hometown near you in short order.

Lee337

He's not been active for 9 months  :icon_eek:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

Well, that is worrisome...