News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1998 steamer supermoto UK for sale

Started by GavD, March 03, 2024, 09:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

After 22 years of ownership of my steamer I'm finally realising it's a bit too big and heavy for me now. I used it to commute for 4 or 5 years when I first bought it, but after that it's had an easier life. In 2014 I converted it to 3 spoke wheels from a sprint. The wheels have recently been powder coated and new bearings fitted. Forks are an amalgamation of steamer stantions and sprint lowers and have hagon progressive springs. Brakes are the 4 pot sprint type including the larger master cylinder. All of the brake calipers, front and rear were replaced with brand new ones in 2015. Front brake discs replaced in 2018.
Drl's & heated grips are fed off a separate fused cct that only comes live with the ignition on.
Hagon rear shock.
Motad venom s/s exhausts with original triumph badges riveted on.
As it is a 98 bike it has keihin carbs, uprated sprag and DAR mod fitted at factory.
C&s good
Exhaust studs replaced with s/s 2 years ago.

No spinning tank nuts, and no bubbling on tank decals.
Over the winter it has had new battery, coils, pick up coil, spark plugs, fuel tap and alternator bushes. Valve clearances checked, all OK.
It has also had a new lower bearing fitted to rear shock.
Tyres have 4mm front and 5mm rear.

Bike has done less than a thousand miles in last 6 years & only 6500 since i stopped commuting on it in 2007. Currently on 44950 miles. Serviced by dealer up to 37000 miles, then by me after that.
Been out on it today and its running as sweet as ever.
Yamaha Led indicators, rear lights converted to led. All dash lights Led except fuel warning (won't work with an led).
I still have original forks, yokes, front wheel ( no discs), wheel spindle, speedo drive, full brake system, original short screen, indicators and a few other bits that would come with the bike.
Bike is in the Isle of Wight, and because of all the spares, you would need to bring a vehicle with you to take it all away with you.
This is a genuine bike that has been well maintained and runs smoothly.  It is 26 years old though and has areas of corrosion,  and some flaky paint on engine.

MOT until 26/2/25
I'm putting it on here first to let you inmates have a look. If I had to advertise it in the usual places I'm putting it up for £2500, but I will let it go to one of you guys for significantly less than that.
I will post a few pics.
If anyone is interested PM me and I'll email alot more through.
Cheers chaps
Gav
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S