News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I replaced my brake callipers

Started by superfour, December 27, 2022, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superfour

So I finally sorted my Tigers brakes. Badly seized on the sliding pins, with rusty pistons. So, £100 for rebuild kits, or £65 for a pair of 2015 Street Triple, 1650 mile calliper's? I chose the calliper's, as you would expect, absolutely immaculate. But, cleaned and lubed the sliding pins and shims etc. I replaced the pad retaining pins with stainless ones that I already had. Just half an hour to fit, Pads in the calliper's barely bedded in, so saved my new set for next time. About an hour to bleed with new fluid. The result is fantastic front brakes, oh and a rather attractive gold finish on my silver Tiger.
If anyone is interested, they are the same as Nissin calliper,s fitted to 900 Thunderbirds, Tigers, Bonneville's etc, worth checking if you need calliper's.
955 Girly in Silver the fastest colour

Flyingwombat

Thanks, good info. I am working on my rear brake right now, did you use a copper crush washer on the banjo bolt or the triumph specific one?
1999 Triumph Tiger 885i - fun and free
2022 KTM Duke 125 - workday commuter

superfour

Late reply mainly for info. Nothing special, just copper washers from a motor factors. Many cars use the same banjo bolts.
955 Girly in Silver the fastest colour