News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger on Patrol

Started by fishnbiker, February 05, 2023, 02:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishnbiker

I have not much to do other than wait out a windstorm here on the WET coast of Canada, so I thought I might browse through my photos & liven up your days as well. As the last lot, posted in "Tiger 900 Steamer won't start" came from a ride in Mexico back in 2006, this is where we start. The ride was planned around a HORIZONS UNLIMITED MEET in CREEL, Chihuahua state at the edge of the Copper Canyon, largest in North America. We stayed in the area for about 10 days, exploring some of the deeper canyons & villages.

#1 An amazing Saguaro cactus make a great backdrop
#2 Maria ran a small kitchen in the motel we stayed at in Yecora
#3 My riding buddy Fred, who came with me on a KLX 400, wishing he had used his BMW R 100 GS instead.
#4 Yecora town square
#5 Another bike selfy shot
#6 Mexico Hwy 16 showing lots of paved twisties
#7 We met up with another Canadian, Daren
#8 At the motel we stayed in, at Creel
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

fishnbiker

Oops, ran out of photos allowance. Will try to get more done soon.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Lee337

Always good to see new places.

Must get away on my Tiger more - a goal for the year.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

fishnbiker

We are starting a jaunt from Creel minus camping & most other luggage gear to overnight in Batopilas.

#1 Taramuhara women like lots of colour in the dresses.
#2 Bagged my first PINK & YELLOW log cabins.
#3 Hand washing on a granite slab.
#4 More twisties going into the Copper Canyon
#5 Some of the fellow riders I teamed up with for the ride to Batopilas Canyon.
   Fred went with others better suited to his bike. I'm in the red jacket.
#6 Really steep corners at times.
#7 Then onto gravel for the next 120 kms.
#8 Finding the steep parts, descending some 7,000 ft to the canyon floor.
Ken/Fishnbiker

fishnbiker

We are now descending into the canyon, all on solid rock or loose gravel. The scenery is beyond magnificent. Some of you may have seen various of these photos recently, just enjoy them again for the benefit of those not yet viewing. The temperature went from morning frost to tropical during the descent due to the large change in altitude.

#1 A clear view of the river & a narrow bridge crossing over.
#2 Photo & water opportunity, shows the typical landscape.
#3 Memorial to those that didn't make it to their destinations.
#4 A close-up of the road surface, solid rock.
#5 Very Ziggy Zaggy hairpins.
#6 This shows 23 of the 28 hairpins on the descent. Taken from a helicopter.
#7 The road just disappears over the edge.

Ken/Fishnbiker

Beernard

Thanks for the pics, Ken. Looks like a great adventure. I would think you would have to be on your toes on these roads! Fantastic!
Ripper, woke up again.

fishnbiker

Thank you, Beernard. Enjoy these for a while, I'm now off on a 5 day adventure in Vancouver, BC. Will catch up next week with more.
Ken/Fishnbiker

Madruss

1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Beernard

Ripper, woke up again.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint