News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Delkevlc muffler mid pipe install issue

Started by DBM, February 05, 2023, 11:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBM

I bought and installed the Delkevic SS oval muffler and mid-pipe today. Love the price, weight savings, looks, and sound with the baffle installed. I did have an issue with the location of the center stand bumper. It is off by about 3/4" from where the stock bumper was, and it is not as thick as the stock one causing contact with the mid pipe metal to metal with the center stand frame. Not good. The Delkevic fitment instructions mentions rotating the mid pipe to align the bumper. In my case, I would have to force the pipe over, then tighten down in a binding position. Not good. I am posting this with the hope that someone else has had and fixed this same issue. 2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC. Delkevic part number KIT04EY Stubby 14" Stainless Steel Oval Muffler to fit Tiger Explorer 1200 (2012-2021).
2014 TEX Mean Green