News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tallulah Tiger (955i)

Started by Lee337, March 06, 2023, 05:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

Time to let her go. She has good bits & bad bits but being offered to the good fellows of Tiger Triple forst for a very sensible (I think) £1900 - Ride away today.

2006 Triumph Tiger 955i
Mileage 68600
MOT to 25/10/2023 (No advisories)

Silver Triumph Tiger 955i with service history since my ownership (July 2018). Only selling as I've recently bought a younger Tiger.

Engine changed in 2010 at 21,000 miles with one showing 18,000, so engine mileage is approx. 3,000 less than is shown on the clock. This is a reliable bike I've ridden over 10,000 miles, averaging 50mpg. Please remember, this is a 17 year old bike, it's not perfect. It has the usual bubbles in the tank and paint flaking on the engine, some parts of the frame and on the bars.

Serviced by myself regularly as per the Triumph schedule. Record of work done will be included, as will the official Triumph service manual.

Sale also includes original exhaust and spare ECU
Blue Flame exhaust (ecu re-mapped)
Full Triumph luggage with Triumph inner pannier bags
LED spotlights
Thunderbike engine bars
Radiator & oil cooler guards
R&G Heated grips
12v socket as well as the original Hella socket

Last service completed 12/05/2022 at 66,657 miles, including oil & filter, air filter and spark plug change.

Coolant replaced in 2021 (I think, can't remember the exact date)
Tyres replaced 300 miles ago (Michelin Road 5 Trail)
Rear brake calipers rebuilt with new seals and pistons at 65,500 miles fronts rebuilt at 63,000
Rear wheel bearings replaced at 63,400 miles
Valve clearances done 61,600 miles. I replaced the fuel filter at the same time.
Chain & sprockets replaced 60,700
Injector balance 60,500 miles
Headstock bearings replaced 59,200, fork oil replaced at same time.

I'll take more photos when I have time if anyone is interested.

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

That will make someone a great bike for all kinds of trips. :)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Lee337

She's now on Autotrader for £1995. decided against Facebook, too many scammers  :icon_eek:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

Probably right. Are there no bigger classified platforms in the UK?

Lee337

There's eBay, Facebook, MCN or Autotrader, that's about it really.

On the plus side, there are currently only 8 Tiger 955i for sale on Autotrader and the only one cheaper than mine is a 2004 model with 72k miles and in worse condition than mine. All the others are £2250 +

We'll see how it does

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

As long as you are patient, it will pay off. I have pulled motorcycles when they hadn't sold for two months, then waited a month or two, taken some new pictures in scenic locations and reposted them. I have never had to go down much.

Madruss

Quote from: ghulst on June 27, 2023, 10:18:39 AMAs long as you are patient, it will pay off. I have pulled motorcycles when they hadn't sold for two months, then waited a month or two, taken some new pictures in scenic locations and reposted them. I have never had to go down much.
Yes a fresh ad on another site has paid off selling vehicles
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!