News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly 'Battlecat' rescued from the breakers!

Started by thelonious, March 24, 2023, 05:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelonious

This poor 955i was in a shocking state when I got it from a guy in my bike club for a few quid. Look at it now!

Work done includes valves re-shimmed, replacement clutch, replacement exhaust system, replacement shock (NOS 885i shock with 955i spring and custom mount), bike lowered and both stands altered, front wheel blasted and powdercoated, all bearings replaced, brakes completely overhauled, lots of stripping and painting, electrical mods, tyres, full service... All DIY except the powdercoating.

thelonious

Some 'before and after' pictures showing how bad it was...

Madruss

You've done a mountain of work, a credit to you.
Not many out there these days have the patience nor skill to take on a "restoration"  :thumbsup
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Lee337

That's some fine work there  well done in jeering the tigger on the road.

(Edit: not sure where 'jeering' came from, was meant to be 'getting'. Think auto-correct was playing that day)
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Clean  :thumbsup  almost weather to enjoy your hard work  :wheel
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

Great to see the effort you put in. Now it is time for the miles! ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Madruss

1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!