News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How to set the time

Started by Aeschere, May 11, 2023, 10:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeschere

Hello all,

I just installed a new clock, changed the wiring so it all fits (came without a proper connector) and everything seems to be working.

Now the hard part...how do you set the time? I can't seem to figure it out. Pressing R just resets to 01:00, holding R and pressing H or M does nothing, pressing H or M does nothing, holding them does nothing

I can service the bike fine but setting a clock seems to require a degree of some sorts :S

Lee337

Do you have the ignition on?

None of my bikes with clocks can be changed with the ignition off (although if you haven't used the original wiring, I have no other ideas  :^_^ )
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Aeschere

I just gave that a try but unfortunately, nothing happened. It looks like the clock to replace the defective clock, is defective. :(

93TigerBill-2016

Interesting.
Just had a look at my '93: Ignition off, "H" or "M" advances Hours and Minutes respectively, "R" moves the time to closest 'Top of the Hour'.
I can provide more detail if needed - I have an NOS one on the desk......
'93 Triumph Tiger, Caspian Blue, Blue Engine Cases
132,000 km;  IBA #45911

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: 93TigerBill-2016 on May 12, 2023, 12:22:48 AMInteresting.
Just had a look at my '93: Ignition off, "H" or "M" advances Hours and Minutes respectively, "R" moves the time to closest 'Top of the Hour'.

That's the way it should work. I doubt mucking up the wiring would affect that, so it could be the push button contacts may have some corrosion from lack of use. I suggest you just press the buttons repetitively and that might be enough to clear the contacts, you could try using a blunt object to ensure the rubber exterior button makes proper contact with the internal surface mount PB switches. Other than that, it's a take it apart job to change the switches. If you do take it out, I'd recommend drilling a small (2mm) drain hole at the lowest point on the back case, water does tend to lie in the raised rim and leak past the rubber buttons, then it has nowhere to go  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint