News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

No start

Started by Boo, May 27, 2023, 06:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo

Wally here filled up with diesel. Got home eventually, drained tank, cleaned pump and inside tank. Assembled it all again and added 2 gallons of E10. Still no start.
 Switch on ignition and pump buzzes ECU and fuel pump relays click. What is not happening is the WRRRRRRTTTT from the ICU under the seat. I have no idea what the thingy is or what it does, but I do know it is now silent.
 Any clues please.

Nick Calne

Did you try and run the engine with the diesel in the tank?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Boo

Drained out most of the diesel and added petrol. It fired occasionally but would not start. I have since drained and cleaned the tank and refilled with petrol. There is VERY high pressure at the fuel line into the injectors.
 I am thinking it may be to do with the vacuum pipe in the air box which connects to the ICU???

Nick Calne

Yeah, but did you try and start it with the diesel in the tank, even for a moment?

Diesel can, even if run through for a moment, clog pipes, coat plugs etc.

Generally it is not the end of the world but you will need to clean out the lines, plugs etc otherwise it may be difficult to start.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?