News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dented Pride....

Started by ChrisN, August 15, 2005, 12:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisN

Accompanied by a Honda Africa Twin I took my Tiger for a little mild off-roading and ended up making Ewan McGregger look posively graceful on Long Way Round. To cut a long story short I fell off and snapped off the RH footrest. RH handguard, wing mirror, topbox, and tank suffering minor scratching. Biggest dent was in my pride! :oops:

A big thankyou to the guy at Kettlewell garage who opened up his workshop on a Sunday afternoon to make a fit a temperary peg. Nice strong chrome plated job is was too!
Chris

BykBoy

Quote from: "ChrisN"To cut a long story short I fell off and snapped off the RH footrest.

Yah, same thing happend to me. I got the Fastway pegs (just like Sasquatch did). I like the setup. Feels better then the original.

BTW, the rear and front pegs are interchangeable. I hope you didn't ride to the shop with your foot dangling off the side of the cat... :oops:
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Frank.B

Hey Chris,

We were also in Kettlewell yesterday for the Scarecrow festival. We pulled into said garage about 4pm with a couple of mates (R1 & F6c)...Me on my Orange Tig.

It would have been nice to meet another Tig owner in that Very nice part of the world.

Frank.
\"greetings to you....friends of peace\"

ChrisN

Bykboy - thanks for that gem of info. I didn't know they were matched.

Frank - This actually happened the previous Sunday about 1.00pm.

Give the track a try. Head out of Kettlewell on the Leyburn road (which is a good ride in any event) but just as you're climbing the hill leaving Kettlewell, the track continues straight on at a right hand bend on the hill.

I spend alot of time riding around the Ribble Valley and the Dales and never tire of it. Fantastic countryside right on my doorstep.  :D I'll keep a look out for you.
Chris

Frank.B

Hiya Chris.

Likewise, My favourite part of the world also. We must pass like ships in the night!

I went up to the Tan hill inn via the Buttertubs pass 2 weekends ago,  superb scenery, superb Tiger country! :D ....Did you damage any paint work?...As I have an address for a UK company that can supply all the Latest Triumph colours BRG, Lucifer orange etc.

Frank.
\"greetings to you....friends of peace\"

ChrisN

I checked the footrests on my 05 and yes front and rear should be interchangable but I was surprised to find the rear is not drilled and tapped to receive the touch-down studs. Still handy to know for an emergencyswop.

Frank,

Yes I know the Tan Hill Inn. Been up there a few times. Check out their website at http://www.tanhillinn.co.uk/

I took advantage of the weather yesterday and got as far as Reeth before coming back via Crackpot, Askrigg, Hawes, and Dent. A nice 200 mile run for me. Never even saw another Tiger??

The paintwork wasn't too bad - nothing an indelable marker couldn't handle.
Chris