News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

There is a feature on the 2006 tiger in this months BIKE mag

Started by New-Tiger, August 04, 2005, 07:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New-Tiger

Half a page with nice pic of the blue tiger 06. I like the colour...and the magazine.

Kill Switch

Bad write up in Motorcyclist when compared to other Adventure bikes.  For my money, the bike is ruined starting with year 2005.  Unfortunate.

abell

>For my money, the bike is ruined starting with year 2005. Unfortunate.

I think the use of the word "ruined" is somewhat draconian.

I will agree that, depending on your needs, the bike either got a lot better or a lot worse as a result of the 2005 modifications.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

PaulBerg

Better for me too......Iv'e ridden both.

Paul

Aussie Tiger

At the risk of fuelling an argument, for and against, whether the Tiger is improved or ruined with the recent changes is really a matter of perspective.  If you are after a reasonable off road tourer that will compete against a GS, then the earlier models are better than the 05/06.  If you are after a bike that will do a "bit" of dirt road but mostly highway touring and mountain twisties, then the later models with the revised steering and shorter suspension are the way to go. At the end of the day, you will buy/ride what you like and what will be best for your style of riding.  Yes, the 05/06 isn't as much of an all rounder, "out of the box", as the earlier models were but with a little customisng (like getting a second set of spoked wheels with more off road oriented tyres, like some have already done) then it becomes even more versitile than previous versions. Unfortunately, it is a sign of the times and indicative of the market that big dual sports bikes are going more street oriented than off road.  You only have to look at the latest GS or Buell Ulysses to see that!
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Never regret growing old...Its a privilege not afforded to many!

abell

2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona