News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tiger 955i tank removal

Started by doug, August 28, 2005, 12:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Anyone out there able to help me in removing the tank so i can fit a Scottoiler vac pipe?
Ride Safe

Brock

Empty the thing first. Any additional weight will make it a bastard to lift.

Remove seats, and black plastic side panels from either side of the tank.

Remove battery and battery box.

Remove indicator side-pods.

Disconnect all the electrical and fuel doohickys from the side of the tank.

Most of these are on the n/s, but there's a sneaky one on the o/s too, right down in area above the clutch. The fuel connectors are self-seal, but be prepared for dribbles. DON'T BE SMOKING AT THIS POINT.

Undo bolt at front of tank, right down near headstock.

Undo bolt at rear of tank. These two bolts will be so much easier with a very long extension on yer driver!

Finally, wobble the tank around to break her free of the rubber supports and hey presto...lift her off, preferably with an assistant to help you steady it. It's a bit of a struggle 'cos she comes backwards to clear the handlebars.

Re-fit in reverse.

I don't think I've left anything out...it's been a while.

Good luck!
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

doug

Thanks

The advice was spot on. Still needed her indoors to help in lifting the tank off!

The only other thing to remove was the airbox which came off easily after the two screws at the rear were undone.

Thanks again

Doug
Ride Safe