News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

oil/filter change

Started by Bliker, September 05, 2005, 01:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliker

I can't find my manual to find the amount of oil after a filter/oil change. I have written down on my service sheet, 4 liter or 4.22 quarts. Just wanted to check to make sure that was the correct amount.
2004 Tiger

tigerhund

I have an '04 and just changed my oil a couple of days ago.  The specified amount is four liters, and the manual recommends that you hand-fill the oil filter prior to putting it on, so that you do not delay the introduction of oil to the engine while the filter fills during startup. Probably excessively anal, but no harm in doing it.

Also, be sure to verify that the o-ring from the old filter comes off with the filter element, otherwise you could end up with two o-rings stacked.

I use orange-clean wipes to clean around the inside of the filter well, since you can only clean that area when the filter is out.