News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Need help valuing Adam's bike

Started by Rupes, August 29, 2005, 09:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupes

I am helping Adam's wife sell his Tiger and need to put a price on it. This is what I know about it.

2005 BRG. 7159 miles - perfect shape. Hard panniers with inner bags. Heated grips. Center stand. Soft bag mounted to rear rack. Triumph performance exhaust (and original). Motolights. Hyperlites. Mounted Garmin V. New Pilot road tires. I am not sure what screen is on there but I know he tried a few. There may also be a Triumph tank bag.

I saw an ad in the for sale section for the same bike with less options for $8450.00. Can you guys help me put a price on this bike?

Thanks in advance

Rupert

robbo

Tough job dude, I have no idea what the market is like over there but if sheÌs not in a hurry you may as well set the price high and tag an ONO ( or nearest offer ) on the end. You could always help out with any price negotiations with potential buyers on the day.
best Regards

Robbo

tnktm

I have seen brand new ones advertised for $8800.00,  so I would go a little lower than that.   You can get values at kbb.com or nada.com.

UKPaul

Most us of reading this are aware of the tragic cicumstances arising from the sale of Adams bike, & realise this could be any one of us. Have you considered selling raffle tickets?

At $20 a piece 500 would bring in $10k. I am sure they would sell, What do you guys think?

Mudhen

I just looked through Cycletrader.com.  I'd think $8500obo would be a good starting point.  You never get your money out of options, unfortunately, unless you sell them off separately.

Having been in a similar circumstance with my dad, and needing to sell off a bunch of MGs and parts, I know a little what it's like.  Setting the price a little lower and moving it quickly may have been a wiser choice for us - I set real high prices and had the stuff sitting around forever, staring us in the face day after day...not the best plan, in retrospect.

I wish I was in a different situation right now, I'd be honored to have that in my garage...
\'96 Steamer

zombie

I now own Adam's Tiger and sold my speed triple to buy it, so now I have an 05 and an 01 and I'm keeping both as my 01 has my personality stamped on it and I love the damn thing., even tho I never clean it and thrash it mercilessly and generally abuse the crap outta the thing , and I'll use the 05 for my trip to Alaska next spring and genral longer touring days and stuff