News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anybody with a high mileage Tiger?

Started by Sofalofa2005, September 24, 2005, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofalofa2005

Hi guys,

Am buying a new bike next week and have just taken a test ride on a Tiger. Excellent. I was after a BMW 1150GS but refuse out of principle to spend my £6,000 on a 4 year old bike with 30,000 miles on it. The tiger I've just ridden was 2005 with 900 miles on it and it's only £5,700

Thing is, I ride at least 20,000 miles a year in ALL weathers and need this to last me at least 3 years. Is the Tiger up to it? I was after a BMW simply because a friend owns one and it's done over 85,000 with no major problems.

Any feedback would be much appreciated from anybody that's covered a high mileage on their Tiger. Cheers.

Russ

georover1

I've got over 44000 on mine and wouldn't hesitate taking it on any trip. I'm not the original owner but during my ownership it has never had a problem.
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

apache

Although I have only 18K on my recently aquired 97 Tiger, my local independent shop services one that has 90K+ on it and just sold a Daytona?? that had 50K on it. Neither had any major issues however the cam chain on the Tiger was just replaced.

PeterO

Sofalofa2005

Thanks for all the info guy, I'm convinced.... So by next weekend I'll have me' silver Tiger...

Just one other quick question... My current bike has a Givi topbox. The Tiger I'll be getting of course has panniers already, but is it possible to somehow fit the Givi onto the Tiger?

Thanks again for your help, no doubt I'll be back

Russ

djr

you can get a conversion plate that allows the fitment of the Givi box to the rack on the Tiger.

iansoady

Quote from: Sofalofa2005is it possible to somehow fit the Givi onto the Tiger?

Russ

It's dead easy - I've got a Kappa which is identical  which cost me around 80 quid from Bikers' World near Brum. Took about 10 minutes to fit outside the shop. Although the bolts were about 0.5 inch (alright then 12mm) too short because of the Tiger's substantial rack and I had to lash out another quid or so for some longer ones.

Welcome to the Tiger owning world.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650