News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB Tiger Northern California

Started by blescohier, September 29, 2005, 05:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blescohier

Sold my KTM in order to buy a Tiger.  I am located near San Francisco.  Any leads appreciated.

Thanks,

-Bill in NoCal

'69 Commando

'74 Commando

'59 Triumph Cub Basket Case

Lookin' for a Tiger

UKPaul

Bill, check out craigslist.com there's a couple here in San Diego, one that's a 00 Yellow with 1800 miles $5500. The other is green more miles for about the same money.

Paul

blescohier

Thanks Paul; I forgot to check the SD Craigslist. There's a '98 up north, but with 20k+ on it.  I appreciate the tip!

-Bill

Decisions, decisions...

jp4evr

what year?  miles?  Do you have a preference?  Perhaps we can keep an eye out for you.  How much do you want to spend?

There are groups on Yahoo - Triumph Tiger Owners would be one place to start.
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

blescohier

Well, since the original post I have leads on four Tigers:

'02 Roulette Green, owner on  this list.  about 12k, many after-market mods. 100 miles away. $6500

'00 Yellow, about 9k, stock, nearby (30 miles).  $5500

'98 Steamer, BRG, 22k.  Pretty close to home(50 miles).  $4500

'05 Silver, new - local Triumph dealer, say they will deal (prolly around $9,300 + fees).

I'm paying for the Tiger with the $6k I'm getting for a KTM Adventure 640.  If I want to stay married (and I do) I must not weaken and finance the '05.

Due to work and distance to bikes and  dealer didn't have the bike on hand  and etc I haven't seen or ridden any of them; I'm hoping to see the '00 this weekend and if I don't buy it the '02 early next week. I'm sort of avoiding the '98, as the other two have way fewer miles. OTOH, I love British Racing Green...

-Bill

NortonCharlie

Personally, I'd go for the green 02.  The 955 motor has alot of improvements over the 885 in the yellow 00.  Plus upgraded suspension and the Roulette Green will grow on you after a while.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

blescohier

Bought the '02 yesterday.  Just rode it in to work - so far, so great. Fuel pump seems loud; otherwise... wow. Smooth! Especially after a year on a KTM thumper.

Thanks to all for the leads, links and advice

-Bill in NoCal

'02 Tiger

'69 Norton Commando

'74 Norton Commando

'59 Triumph Cub project

Mudhen

Quote from: "blescohier"I'm paying for the Tiger with the $6k I'm getting for a KTM Adventure 640.

-Bill

Damn, next time let me know and we can swap...

Congrats on the new bike, though!

Sorry you didn't get the Steamer.  :wink:

Pat
\'96 Steamer